Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    umw11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2007, 09:20 PM
    Semi-permenant dye gone wrong
    Naturally I have dark blonde and some light blonde highlights
    About 2 and half months ago I dyed my hair light caramel brown
    When it dyed it pulled red and it was more red than brown
    It said it was semi-permenant but it actually permanently dyed my hair (it hasn't gone away and my hairstylist told me this too) my roots are my natural color and it just looks horrible
    I don't have money to get a stylist to do anything to it
    Is there anything I can do besides wait for it to grow out?
    Thanks.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 18, 2007, 11:05 PM
    Semi-permanent color is formulated to last through several shampoos, depending on the hair's porosity. If your hair is blonde or porous, the color will grab onto your hair and become permanent. Darker hair contains red pigments in it. So if you use some kind of hair lightening product, it will pulled red tones. However, semi-permanent colors won't lighten or pull hair color because it contains no ammonia or peroxide. Perhaps the hair color you've used contained a red-base which turned your hair a reddish shade. If the color hasn't washed in 2 and a half months, your hair is porous and color has become permanent. In order to go back to your natural color, your best bet is to pre-lighten hair to yellowish stage and then apply a color that's close to your natural hair color. This technique should be attempted only by professionals. But if you can't afford to go to a salon, ask someone that's experienced in hair coloring to help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Semi-formal [ 1 Answers ]

Exactly what does semi-formal mean? I'm getting a dress tomorrow after school for a semi-formal dance I'm going to. Can you give me some examples? Also please help with what kinds of shoes to wear!

Is my dress semi formal? [ 1 Answers ]

OK so I am attending to this semi formal party in California and OMG I never been to a party before the first party I went to was a freak dirty dancing party and I was dresses like a church girl LOL... well anyway my dress is black silk, spagetti strap and blackish gold beeds around my dress and...

Semi Permanent Black Dye... [ 1 Answers ]

I stripped my hair colour to try and go blonde but it went flouresent orange, and because I couldn't go into town (it was seriously that bad) I had to get the cheapest hair dye from my local shop, which was a semi black which washes out n 24 washes. How can I get this out, its awful!? It doesn't...

Semi formal [ 2 Answers ]

I feel kind of stupid but I have to go to a work party with my boyfriend and have to wear something semi formal but I don't know what semi formal is. What is semiformal?:eek:

Anything out there permanent? [ 1 Answers ]

Any skin lighteners,whiteners, de-pigmenters, etc. that give long lasting or permanent results? I've heard of Custom Formulations by F&F but I'm not sure if that is permanent...

View more questions Search