Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SadSister Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2007, 08:18 PM
    Christmas Visit Etiquette
    I'm going to try to give the short story of this! Both of my parents passed away several years ago and my brother was married this summer. His in-laws are very nice. He spends a lot of time with them in absence of our own parents. Which is fine, except he now insists that I spend my Christmas with them before we go to our family. While they are very nice, they are not my in-laws. Am I nuts to think this isn't right?
    CeilingofStars Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2007, 11:21 PM
    It's not necessarily about whether it's right or not. It's about what you want to do and whether it might be worth it to suck it up and visit for an afternoon because it makes your brother happy. Remember, family is valuable wherever you may find them. However, if your brother is demanding that you visit them at the expense of you spending time with other family members you would rather be with, you may want to gently remind him that although you like his in-laws and might spend the occasional holiday with them, it is not what you would like to do most of the time.
    mldubose Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2008, 04:47 PM
    Tell your brother to get a life. You'll spend your holidays however you see fit.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 26, 2008, 04:54 PM
    May wish to check dates, this was Dec 18 before christmas, and the OP never has gotten back as to what happened, and most likely not a issue till next christmas

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Customer Visit [ 1 Answers ]

How to write a thank you letter to an wlite customer who visited us by finding some time within his busy schedule

Your Top Christmas Carols & Christmas Songs [ 38 Answers ]

Ok it's that time of year when the holidays are around :) and I was just thinking what are people's top Carols or Chritmas songs that they like? Christmas songs for me would be The Pogues, Fairytale of New York ;) and my Christmas Carol would have to be Joy To The World :) ! Please feel...

Asking for Christmas gifts etiquette [ 5 Answers ]

My oldest sister is very materialistic. She sent me an e-mail this a.m. "giving me a heads-up" about Christmas gifts for her kids. She proceeded to tell me that the "kids have asked that they receive cash instead of gift cards so they can buy what they want." I was appalled at this rude...

Visit me [ 2 Answers ]

visit me at my website which will soon have video game information on it. Site under construction I would like the people who go there to private message me

View more questions Search