Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Piggley Winks Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2007, 06:17 PM
    Music CD copyright
    Hi,

I have a copyrighted music CD and an MP3 player. Is it legal if I convert all songs on the CD with Windows MediaPlayer to MP3 and play it on my MP3 player?

I am not going to share the MP3 files with anyone else.

-Piggley
    thereisno4evr Posts: 63, Reputation: 0

Dec 18, 2007, 07:20 PM
    Well from what I have herd it actually is illegal to do that. However I have always wondered why Microsoft would make it so easy to preform an illegal operation.

I would say just do it, no one is going to arrest you because of this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I copyright? [ 2 Answers ]

I've written two songs that I actually have a beat to and I'm very proud of them but I'd like to get them copyrighted so that maybe I could sing them at contests without worry of them getting stolen considering that one is one I wrote about my boyfriend.

Music Copyright dilemma [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a UK music publisher who represents certain composer/authors/artists. Their songs have been exploited by a Chicago record company for 20years, in some cases without contracts, in another by submitting a document with a forged signature. The Chicago company went into liquidation in 1991, but was...

How to set the music copyright attribute [ 1 Answers ]

My website stream music, It's free for everyone to hear but I want to set the copyright of the song to my site name so that everyone can see it on the media player such as "Copyright http://mysite.com" just like most of the music sites do. And how can I change the existing copyright of a song?...

Copyright Law Re: Music usage [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question about use of music in personal histories. If I shoot video of a family member or other individual performing a copyrighted song (such as Happy Birthday, or a wedding song) do I need to be concerned about getting legal clearance for the use of the music if the final video is only...

View more questions Search