Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nicole08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2007, 12:05 PM
    Becoming a Real Estate Agent
    Hi,
    I wanted to know what steps I need to take in order to become a real estate agent in California. I am about to graduate high school in 08 and I want to become a real estate agent. I really want to become a mortgage broker and someone told me I had to be a agent first, is that true? If so what steps should I take?
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Dec 18, 2007, 08:39 PM
    The CA Dept of Real Estate web site will be helpful; check out the link "Apply for a Real Estate License" for information on what you need to do to get licensed.

You'll also find the California Association of Mortgage Brokers web site useful; it contains a lot of information on education, certification, etc.

Vasily
    BILOO Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2008, 11:25 AM
    Hello, I would say You can work with some experienced Agents foe some months to get experience, as bookish knowledge and practical world experience makes difference. So you will get better idea and then you can do it very well. Because As per my knowledge, Whatever you want to start up You have to learn it first and then success is all yours. All the best.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2008, 11:54 AM
    Hello Nicole:

You don't have to become a real estate agent in order to be a loan officer/broker. While they operate closely with one another, they're two different professions.

excon
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2008, 12:54 PM
    I got my education for my real estate license from Real Estate Express Real Estate License School - Online Real Estate License Schools, Classes & Courses for Sales and Appraisal

You have to go to a community college for your final exam and then pass your states licensing exam.

If you are self directed and are good with CBT, it's a great way to obtain your license.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Real Estate Agent [ 4 Answers ]

I am a real estate agent in MA. Is there a list already prepared that provides you with a list of the different things you can write of as an agent. I also have another full time job that is salary based but my Real Estate office is going to 1099 me. Any information would be helpful. Also if...

How to become a real estate agent? [ 2 Answers ]

Do you have to graduate high school to become a real estate agent? Or can you become one with a G.E.D.?

Finding a Real Estate agent? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm completely naïve on the subject, so bear with me. ;) How do you go about hiring the RIGHT real estate agent for you? I think personality (and obviously territory) are important so we are comfortable with who we are dealing with. Also, what do you do? Just walk in or call and make an...

Real Estate Agent [ 1 Answers ]

In about a month I am moving from Florida to California. After I get there, I would like to get a license to sell real estate. Can anyone recommend a good online school I can use? What is the percentage rate of people passing the test? And can someone give me an example of what kind of...

How to become a real estate agent? [ 2 Answers ]

How does someone become a real estate agent? Does it take long and what do you do after you have the credentials? How do you get started? Any advice would be great. I am trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.:cool:

View more questions Search