Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Angeliki2003 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2003, 07:45 AM
    MS Access Reports
    Hello all,

I need to make a report on access and I need a count of records, that will need to satisfy 2 conditions. For example: records should be counted if the on the Sex column is "M" and the rating column is "2".

Any ideas?

This is very easy if you filter the records on a table, but how do I include that in a report? And how can I make a chart out of it?

Thanks

Angeliki
    QQapple Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Sep 10, 2003, 07:43 AM
    MS Access Reports
    This probably isn't much help

I'd probably try using query, I'd use query to call up all records that satisfy the conditions that I specify. The query result should include the number of records that has been called

I prefer to use excel for creating charts,

You could perform a query in access, write down the number of records (count) that the query has called, record the count in excel:

| A | B | C
    1 | CCONDITION | COUNT |
    2 | Male rate 1 | 456 |
    3 | Male rate 2 | 139 |
    4 | Male rate 3 | 26 |
    5 | Female rate 1 | 395 |
    6 | Female...

----and so on

You can re-design your query to call up the records for different conditions, record the count in excel and from excel, you can easily chart the results.
    QQapple Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Sep 10, 2003, 08:05 AM
    MS Access Reports
    Just in case you do not know how to use a query:

In your database window, under "objects" select "queries"

Select "create query using design view"

Select the table (which contains the information you are interested - i.e - Sex, rating)

Press "Add", then press 'close'

To call for M, rating 1

For the first column, select 'sex' for the 'field'
    Type in 'M' for criteria

For the second column, select 'rating"for field and type in '1' for criteria

save,

and go to datasheet view (icon on upper left)

a query table should show up, and at the bottom, there should be some numbers, the number is the number of records called by the query (i.e. your count)

to call for M rating 2, click on the design view icon (where you found the datasheet view icon)

under the second column where you have "1" as criteria, replace with "2".

Save... go to datasheet view

If you understand all of the above, you should be able to work your way through.
    JimReid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2005, 08:45 AM
    Access Report with 2 columns
    I am trying to create a report in Access that is names and phone numbers. I can fit two across on the page but I need to print down the page and then start the second column at the top. Not quite sure how to structure this. I have a query that gets all the info in alpha order and a report that prints the first column correctly but don't know how to get it to go to the second column when the first is full on the first page.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jim :mad:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 28, 2005, 07:52 AM
    Jim,

First you should start a new note iunstead of piggybacking on an old thread.

In File>Page Setup (while in Report Design mode) there is a Columns tab. You can set the columns to go down then Across there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Access Reports [ 3 Answers ]

I need to dynamically size a text box in an access report, depending on the value of a field on that line. For some lines it must show the text box and others it mustn't. And it must be able to resize the text box depending on how much text I need to display. Is this possible in Access and How,...

Access 2000 and Crystal Reports 8.5 [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of developing an application using Access 2000. I have not been able to find anything on what I want to do. My question is I have setup a switchboard to access reports and forms, I want to have a botton which would do the following items (behind the scenes) 1) execute a...

View more questions Search