Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2007, 06:17 PM
    Uh, Steve. Exactly like that.

I don't know how I missed kindj's grant proposal. I LOVE it! If you don't write grants for a living you missed your calling. I think that proposal is a much more valid one than some of the garbage studies we see grant money being spent on now.
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Dec 19, 2007, 07:50 AM
    Rush Limbaugh put it best when he said that the problem with the new "topless" laws in some states that allow women to be topless just like men is that it always seems to be used by the WRONG women. (Ditto on the other side of the fence as well. Men are just as guilty on this one.)

Speedos and spandex should come with warning lables: "If worn by fat people, may cause blindness or unstoppable laughter... in others."

If you can't see your toes, you shouldn't be wearing stuff like that.

If you can't see the speedo you are wearing, you shouldn't be wearing it.

If your dress size is in tripple digits, you shouldn't be wearing that.

If the material from your pants can be used to clothe and house an entire Somali village, you shouldn't be wearing that.

If the only excersize you've gotten in the past 30 days is the biceps curls you do when you stuff the food in your face, you probably shouldn't be wearing that.

If you have ever been on a beach and had kids pointing at you and saying "Free Willy", you shouldn't be wearing that.

If while sitting at the beach sombody tried pushing you back into the water, and when you refused to go, called for the Humane Society to send out a rescue squad, you probably shouldn't be wearing that.

If you've ever wished for more elbow room while sitting alone on a sofa, you shouldn't be wearing that.

If your arms are too short to reach the plate of food sitting on the table in front of you (but you somehow manage to eat anyway), you shouldn't be wearing that.

If instead of a fork, knife and spoon, you use a shovel, you probably shouldn't be wearing that.

If a side of beef strikes you as "a light snack", you shouldn't be wearing that.

Elliot
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2007, 09:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    Ohhhh my goodness me. That pic just makes me swoon.. Or do I mean faint from fright? hehehe. Thanks for sharing that, right after I ate dinner. lol.
    Always glad to be of service ;)
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Jan 1, 2008, 04:49 PM
    Enjoyed all the humor on this subject. Of course, this makes me think that a very lot of people think all this hullaballoo about global warming is a big joke. Just like the Nobel Prize these days.
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2008, 08:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1
    Enjoyed all the humor on this subject. Of course, this makes me think that a very lot of people think all this hullaballoo about global warming is a big joke. Just like the Nobel Prize these days.
    Joke? Follow the money...
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Jan 2, 2008, 09:35 AM
    Galveston,

It IS a big joke. The idea that the UN can waive a magic wand, say that their report is the be-all and end-all of environmental studies, and suddenly make global warming a reality is the biggest joke I've heard in years.

Elliot
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2008, 11:56 AM
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2008, 12:03 PM
    Oh Tom, you are so funny. Teehee. :)
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2008, 02:53 PM
    Great picture, Tom. How many blank pages in that book? Lol
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2008, 02:59 PM
    I find the Bible funny too!
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2008, 03:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Well, there was that part where Aaron told Moses, "I just threw all the gold in the fire and this calf came out."
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2008, 03:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    Well, there was that part where Aaron told Moses, "I just threw all the gold in the fire and this calf came out."
    Haha... and then there's all that Adam and Eve nonsense. :)
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Jan 2, 2008, 03:42 PM
    What does the Bible have to do with this discussion?
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2008, 03:53 PM
    Same as the Koran or Gore, absolutely nothing!
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2008, 04:00 PM
    Same as the Koran or Gore, absolutely nothing!
    I beg your pardon, it was my discussion and I say Global Warming Guru, The Goracle, is entirely relevant to the discussion. He is one of those men that's to blame for global warming... probably more so than anyone else right now. :D
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2008, 04:01 PM
    Ok, enjoy your little party, I know this discussion board stuff is important to you. :D
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2008, 08:47 AM
    Ok, enjoy your little party, I know this discussion board stuff is important to you. :D
    No, no NK, feel free to join the party... we let The Goracle in didn't we? :D
    wayne0418 Posts: 51, Reputation: 9

Jan 3, 2008, 10:20 AM
    It is really funy. I thout only white us men destroyed the world with the most devestation being on women children, and minorites.
    Maybe the desiners of the cars should try bulding a 250 mph solar car!
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2008, 11:09 AM
    Did anyone see the latest from the EU and auto standards ? Angry in the Great White North's Steve Janke details it but basically he catches onto the fact that

"EU Environment Commissioner Stavros Dimas acknowledged that the regulations could add 1,300 euros ($1,874) to the price of a car... Manufacturers like Ferrari, Porsche or Lamborghini, which make high-end luxury racers and sell fewer than 10,000 cars a year, would be exempt."
    Rich people cars exempt from greenhouse gas rules

I wonder which one of these brands the Goracle or John Edwards drives ?
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2008, 01:30 PM
    Do they drive their own cars anymore? I thought they had limousines at their disposal.:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Global Warming? [ 2 Answers ]

Only in Arkansas... how this got past the editor, I can only venture to guess... 4519

Global Warming - The blame for everything. [ 7 Answers ]

The above is something I found while surfing for the history of the earth's evolution. All are now concerned about global warming - and this should be information available to all. On most sites, I found that if I wanted to read more, I had to pay for it. Other, like the above link, just was...

Global warming [ 14 Answers ]

Why arnt we putting all of our power into this situation I mean countries are going to be under waterrr... and mostly in europe I am really worried and our tempratures are hanging in many parts of earth and we are having a lot of hurricanes and such... so we arnt we putting all our mind into this.....

Another global warming tragedy [ 11 Answers ]

Warming causing gray whales to lose weight, say scientists I tried but could not find a photo of one of these skinny whales. But I have an idea, instead of a "fat tax" why not promote global warming as a way to combat obesity?

Benefits of global warming [ 26 Answers ]

Anyone catch this article a few days ago? But don't get excited... Like the scientists I'm still trying to figure this out. We could see both increased agricultural production and "planet-wide food" shortages, and both "mass flooding" with "planet-wide" water shortages. I wish...

View more questions Search