Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anuragplanet Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2007, 09:41 AM
    How to install linux with windows xp already there
    How to install fedora 7 with windows xp already installed.I am a lay man,so tell me step by step
    narayanancdm Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2008, 06:32 AM
    Use UBUNTU, it seems user-friendly
    prasad007 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2008, 02:44 AM
    You can install very easilly fedora 6/7/8/9 with preloaded windows xp... for fefora6/7/8/9 minimum requirement(Recommended) of Hard Disk Drive is 20 Gb and Momory(RAM) 256...
    gctts Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Aug 23, 2008, 01:54 PM
    Are you wanting to dual partition with both systems on your computer? If so, I have never done that. If you want to replace any system with a linux system, you just put the CD/DVD's in and it should ask you if you want to replace (wipe-out) the old system. Mine always has when I changed from one Linux system to another.
    tf7426 Posts: 282, Reputation: 21

Sep 30, 2008, 06:36 AM

Start from the fedora 7 dvd/cd, almost right at the start it will start the partitioning tool and you can create and resize from there, you'll need:

A min. of 10gb for fedora (format as ext3)
    And make about 768mb-1gb swap partition

(imo this partition tool sucks so I would get a ubuntu live cd and use the partitioner in there)

If you cannot work out how to use it I recommend to install ubuntu first as its an easier distro to start from and practice

Tip: if it tells you that you cannot resize the windows patition, boot back into windows, disable the paging file and defragment the drive. This is to move anything from the "end" of the partition which is preventing it from being resized.
    Mxaza Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2008, 06:52 AM

Narayanancdm, I recently obtained a copy of Ubuntu 8. Trying to have both os in my notebook proved very difficult. So I suggest that ANURAGPLANET stick with Fedora. This is because a few months back I was successful in having both XP Pro and Fedora on my notebook.
    lenelson Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2008, 12:13 PM

The answer from tf7426 is the way to go!
    mechguy32 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2009, 06:24 AM
    How can I install windows xp and fedora 7 in one PC while xp is already present

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there any Gui Based Program in Linux as Task Manager in Windows [ 5 Answers ]

Hello I'm new to Linux I'm getting problem in process handling Is there any GUI based program in Linux as Task Manager in Windows so that I can handle processs easily Please assist me Regards

Windows Media Player & DivX for Linux [ 2 Answers ]

Dear experts, I have Mandriva2007. How to install Windows Media Player for Linux? When I try to watch movies on the Internet it redirects me to Windows Media Player page for Windows. And the same problem is with DivX. Thank you.

Linux/Windows XP Uninstalling [ 5 Answers ]

Can anyone here give me help in uninstalling Windows XP and installing Linux? My friend told me to get Linux because it's much better, but I'm having a hard time uninstalling Windows XP (Professional). Giving me steps to instaling Linux would also be a help me a bundle.

View more questions Search