Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Georger Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2007, 04:22 AM
    Arctic monkeys song " Red light incicates doors are secure"
    What is this song about?
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Dec 18, 2007, 06:12 AM
    It's about a taxi ride home after a night out drinking in Sheffield.

Ask if we can have six in, if not we'll have to have 2
    You're coming up our end aren't you? So I'll get one with you
    Oh won't he let us have six in? especially not with the food
    He coulda just told us no though, he dint have to be rude

Just checking how many people they can fit in a taxi, if the driver won't let them illegally squeeze six in they'll have to get two taxis! The driver won't do that, and has obviously been nasty to them about it!

See her in the green dress? She talked to me at the bar
    How come its already two pound fifty? We've only gone about a yard
    Dint ya see she were gorgeous, she was beyond belief
    But this lad at the side drinking a Smirnoff ice came and paid for her tropical Reef

Chatting about a nice girl from the bar who went off with another lad when he paid for her drink. Also, they can't believe how much the taxi is costing because of how little distance they've gone!

And I'm sitting going backwards, and I didn't want to leave
    Its high green mate, via hillsborough please

Black cabs have 2 backwards facing seats, so that explains that! Then they're telling the driver the route (high green and hillsborough are places in Sheffield!)

How funny was that sketch earlier, up near that taxi rank
    Oh no you will have missed it, think it was when you went to the bank
    These two lads squaring up proper shouting, bout who was next in the queue
    The kind of thing that would seem so silly but not when they've both had a few

Calm down temper temper, you shouldn't get so annoyed
    You're acting like a silly little boy
    They wanted to be men and do some fighting in the street
    No surrender, no chance of retreat

These two verses are about people fighting about stupid stuff when they're drunk.

Drunken plots hatched to jump it, ask around are ya sure?
    Went for it but the red light was showing
    And the red light indicates doors are secured

In the final verse they're talking about "jumping" the taxi, i.e. running off without paying, but when they try, the doors are locked! The final line comes from the sign inside the taxi that says;

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher flashing "clean" light needs to be reset [ 110 Answers ]

We paid a Sears repairman to come out when we had a flashing "Clean" light on our dishwasher, A Kenmore Ultra Wash 665.1603 or 1703, and he gave us the diagnostic code (buttons to push on the operating panel) and we have used it again after that, but I cannot find the order of the buttons to push...

Who did this song: from the 80's, probably called "typical" or "that's typical" [ 2 Answers ]

Some lyrics as I hear them: Windowsill, my elbow's numb As I heard the door go and saw your car As it glides onto the road Double wasted dumbness Sodding off and I can't hear you go And that's typical There you sit in the driving seat

Honda accord 2000 6 cyl " the light "check" is on" [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2000 6 cyl. With 101000k miles is was with the light "check" on. I took To a non-honda mechanic and he erased it. The computer said that the code is PO700, and the mechanic said that it needs to have the "transmission rebuilt", and the price ranges from $ 1500.00 - 1600.00. My...

03 Honda Civic "maint. Req" light blinking [ 2 Answers ]

The "maint. req" light blinks like 10 times when I start the car, it does not remain on but it does it every time I start the car. It has done this once before, and I do not remember how to make it stop. And since it has done this before, what is the cause? Any help is appreciated!...

"The Monkeys" cards with gum [ 1 Answers ]

I have a case of wrapped "The Monkeys" cards with gum inside each pack. The case is in pretty good shape and none of the packs have ever been open. I think the case is around 30 years old. How would I find out how much they are worth?

View more questions Search