Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loveyoupeople Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Dec 18, 2007, 12:50 AM
    If god is that great , why doesn't he stop wars?
    .. where is god? Why isn't he stopping poverty, wars, illnesses? Is he's there and he has the power.. why just watch?
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Dec 18, 2007, 01:44 AM
    Have a look at this video on YouTube, it's quite interesting;
    YouTube - Dan Le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip - Letter from God

If you can't get YouTube, the lyrics are here;
    A Letter from God to Man | Grace - Fresh Vital Worship
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2007, 10:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by loveyoupeople
    .. where is god? why isnt he stopping poverty, wars, illnesses? is hes there and he has the power.. why just watch?
    This world is not forever and what happens here only tests our faith and strength.
    Everlasting is the Hereafter and that is what this world is preparing us for...
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2007, 11:16 AM
    I don't buy that video at all. Firmbeliver has touched on part of it. The world will end some day. Every day is the end of the world for many. When their end comes, it will be a bad day for non believers and the unrepentant. False teachers will not do well.

The biggest thing is that God chose to give us free will. Just as Satan was free to rebel against God, so are all. When we ignore God, we sin in ways that hurt both ourselves and others. The more earthly power we have, the more we can hurt. Some believe and save themselves by repenting and accepting God's grace. Others will get what we all deserve.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2007, 11:18 AM
    There is no god, just bad people. Try to be one of the good people.
    hic1957 Posts: 39, Reputation: 5

Feb 20, 2008, 12:01 PM
    I think god might ask - why does MAN make war in the first place? And since MAN is responsible for making war, why doesn't MAN stop it?
    hic1957 Posts: 39, Reputation: 5

Feb 20, 2008, 12:08 PM
    Man cannot blame all of the world's ill's on GOD - man has to (and eventually will be forced to) take responsibility for what it does (and fails to do) - man has enough food to fill EVERY stomach on the planet and yet people still die of starvation - is THIS god's fault? Man the where-with-all to ensure EVERYONE on this planet has a warm bed, and a roof over their had, and yet we still have homeless people - is THIS god's fault? I could go on and on, but you get the idea - God has enough problems to deal with, without our creating more - why doesn't man deal with his issues, and let god deal with the rest - after all, we're here to serve god, not the other way around!
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Feb 20, 2008, 12:31 PM
    If God where to involve himself in everyday life than we wouldall know he existed and the world would be heaven, no suffering, no pain, no wars, etc. This lifemay very well be our "test" in which, if passed, we enter Heaven. Again, if God took allevil away there would be no point to this life.

Although I do believe God works in all our lives on a daily basis, just not in the same dramatic way some think he should. So the everyday life of human is touched everyday by God and so too world events.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 20, 2008, 02:16 PM
    God gives us humans a choice, and we either get blessed, or pay the consequenses of our actions.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 04:03 PM
    There are no gods, or GodAlmighty... but, there sure are a lot of people speaking for "God" and making threats in "God's" name. Lol
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 20, 2008, 04:41 PM
    First I am sad that there can be those who I will assume have been hurt enough to feel there is no God. No one can look upon our wonderful universe and really look and not see the wonders of God.
    But God allowed and gave man free will, this world is not the home for Christians but we are told we are strangers here and we are merely passing though, to our real home. God has even told us that there will always be poor, hungry but we are to help those that need the help ( except that people that can work, should work) so merely helping peole that could work but don't is not actually bibicial.

But knowing God is having a peace in our body in spite of what is happening.
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2008, 04:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    First I am sad that there can be those who I will assume have been hurt enough to feel there is no God.
    Never been hurt here. I've never abused anyone, never abused drugs or alcohol, been strong enough to not let others abuse me. Can you say the same?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 20, 2008, 05:26 PM
    But to not feel the need for god, there has to be an emptyness in life. No knowledge of life after death, only living for what this life brings, It would have to be such a sad life.

And I would say that you have some worry about abuse, it must be a serious issue in your life, are you scared that God abuses you by your love of him ?

And many people get invovled in drugs though the years, but it is often from that you find God and he can bring you out, no matter what your situation.
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2008, 05:45 PM
    I think what you are doing here is called "projection".
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 05:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Never been hurt here. I've never abused anyone, never abused drugs or alcohol, been strong enough to not let others abuse me. Can you say the same?

Hi NK,

I guess the bold statement above can have several meanings. But sometimes it's not the strength of a person that makes them vulnerable to abuse, it's the situation that they are in.
    There are children, husbands, wives, who are abused, both physically and/or mentally and it does not mean that are not strong enough.

In truth NK, they are some of the strongest people and may be stronger then most, because they are enduring things that some could never make it through.

Sorry, I just had to pipe in and accept what I get in return.
    Moparbyfar Posts: 262, Reputation: 49

Mar 19, 2008, 05:17 PM
    .. where is god? why isnt he stopping poverty, wars, illnesses? is hes there and he has the power.. why just watch?
    God is a lover of justice as brought out in Psa 37:28.

We are made in Gods image which means we have good qualities because HE has good qualities. LOVEYOUPEOPLE, it seems that you are very concerned about the conditions of this world, so surely God is too? I'm sure if you had the power you would put an end to all suffering and wars etc right? Well a study of HIS word will reveal that God can and will put a stop to these things PERMANENTLY.
    2 Pet 3:9... God is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire any to be destroyed but that all attain to repentance. Imagine if he had wiped out all wickedness long long ago - you would not exist, as many others also.
    Satan challenged God the very moment he deceived Eve, by saying in effect 'man does not need YOUR rulership'. So God is allowing man free reign to prove whether this is true. This does not make God responsible for the sad condition of today's world, any more than you would be responsible for your child to grow up and become a serial murderer despite you raising them with good morals and a stable, loving home.
    2 Pet 3:13 "There are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell."
    I am not a Patsy Posts: 17, Reputation: 0

Mar 22, 2008, 03:08 PM
    I find your question chlich'e;
    Something an ignorant fifteen year old would ask.
    I don't believe God ever intended the world to be perfect. In fact , without trial, disposition, war , and disorder, what good would the laws of the Bible be?
    Sounds to me that you aren't very open minded at all.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 22, 2008, 03:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by I am not a Patsy
    In fact , without trial, disposition, war , and disorder, what good would the laws of the Bible be?
    According to the Bible, God created a perfect world.

You've got your cart before the horse -- the laws were given because of "trial, disposition, war, and disorder".
    confuse d Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2008, 05:07 AM
    God doesn't control humans

He only created us, and we're on our own from there.
    He cannot "stop" anything that we do, because it is US that created it, and it is US that must stop it.
    black111madonna Posts: 101, Reputation: 15

Apr 19, 2008, 02:49 AM
    Heaven is on earth... only we make a hell out of it!
    As long as we do not respect nature... we do not respect ourselves.

We play as being God... we should clean up our own !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mommy Wars? [ 35 Answers ]

Hello All. I was watching TV the other day and the show was about "Mommy Wars". Have you heard of this? Mom's think their way is the "right" way to parent their kids and all others are wrong. What do you think? What are your views on: *Stay at Home vs. working *breast feeding vs....

Doesn't find me attractive, doesn't want sex with me, isn't sure he wants a relationship [ 14 Answers ]

Please read this, I need your help I'm 18 and so is my boyfriend I've been with him for 10 months and for about 5 months he's telling me he's not ready to commit and isn't sure he wants a relationship.and at points he's said he wants to feel he can do stuff with other women should the situation...

Great Dane Great Strain? [ 8 Answers ]

I love great danes!! I have and always will love them. In general I love big dogs! My question is though if I were to get a great dane what's my cost looking at what are some of the problems that are spefic to great danes behaviour and health wise (ex. Yorkies have hip problems) also I really want...

Punic Wars [ 1 Answers ]

Which Carthiaginian leader won every battle but lost the war with Rome?

Star Wars [ 10 Answers ]

Does anybody know if George Lucas is secretly making another Star Wars movie? After I saw Episode III I went home and watched Episode IV, V, and VI. I read some article that said he may be writing a new one, but was just wandering if anyone else knew for sure.

View more questions Search