Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Maggie 3 Posts: 262, Reputation: 41

Dec 30, 2008, 12:47 PM
    God Does Not Cause Evil! There are two major evil forces that
    Cause evil. The force of satan is one, he is the enemy of mankind, so he seeks to destroy
    God and men and woman, who is made in the image of God. Most of our trouble in this
    World is the result of this evil satan causes. The evil in the Human Heart is the second
    One. Because of the evil in mans hearts , they hurt one another, and we have wars.
    Because of evil in the hearts of man we have wars, crime, injustice, racism, and all kinds of pain and heartbreak. Evil has a tendency to multply itself because of our nature.
    If God did not give man the chance to be evil, there would be no freedom. God gave man
    Freedom to choose between good and evil since He created the first man Adam.
    The fall of Adam brought pain and suffering into the world, read Genesis 3.
    We humans are linked together in wisdom and blessings of those that lived before us,
    But we also receive an inheritance from their curses and evil. The good news is
    We can overcome evil, through Jesus Christ the Son of God. I hop ethis helps you understand a little better, reading and studying the bible will answser your questions.
    "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock and it will be opened
    to you. For everyone who asks receives, and who seeks finds, and to him who knocks
    it wii be opened." MATTHEW 7:7-8 GET AN EASY READING BIBLE YOU WILL BE ABLE
    TO UNDERSTAND IT BEST. If you want to know the truth about life you will read and
    Study Gods word, the bible.

Maggie 3
    jakester Posts: 582, Reputation: 165

Jan 17, 2009, 12:44 PM

Maggie3 - I understand your reasoning and why you made those arguments but if I were to play devil's advocate for a second, it sounds as if God is completely handcuffed by human decision and by Satan... it doesn't sound like an all powerful God if all of these things are happening in the world and he has to just stand by and watch them because he does not want to interfere with the will of creatures.

I want to try to answer the original post but I also wanted to try and challenge your points by offering this:

Maggie, do you ever pray for God's protection from evil? In other words, suppose you were to go someplace dangerous, like Iraq or Syria, would you pray for God's protection? Would you trust that God would protect you?

If he will always honor our free-will choices and the choices of others, they praying and asking God for protection would be pointless because if someone wanted to kill you because you were a Christian (for example), God isn't going to stop him. This is the logical outcome of your point I believe.

What do you think?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 17, 2009, 05:02 PM

Like a good parent God wants you to solve your own problems. He can guide you, but he cannot live for you. That's up to you.

Jan 17, 2009, 09:00 PM
    No Jakester, God is not evil, He gives life.God does answer my
    Payers I have faith in Him and a intimate rellationship. He does not answer prayers
    For people who do evil.
    Maggie 3
    broncos 152 Posts: 14, Reputation: 0

Jan 17, 2009, 11:02 PM

If there is a god, he is far different than the one described in the bible. And who knows about that jesus guy, kind of shady
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 17, 2009, 11:42 PM

If there is a god...
    You'll never know until you have a personal relationship with the God that you understand.
    Penguinio Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2009, 01:38 AM

There's a quote that I really like..

"if people trash God, why do they get so surprised when this world is so bad?"

We all sin, God gave us free will and the choice whether we want too or not. Hitler chose to kill all the people he did. Not God. God is there working with each of us individually but because he gave us choice.. if we chose not to listen and not to follow what he stands for (love) then how can we blame Him?
    I believe God tries very hard and wants us all to work as one body but most of the world chooses not too accept God, therefore they're letting in all the bad things in the world.

That's just my thoughts..
    Hope this helps..
    :)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2009, 03:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguinio View Post
    ... but most of the world chooses not too accept God, therefore they're letting in all the bad things in the world..
    Your logic falls flat because even people who have accepted God do bad things. Being a christian does not automatically make you a better person.
    jakester Posts: 582, Reputation: 165

Feb 15, 2009, 07:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie 3 View Post
    No Jakester, God is not evil, He gives life.God does answer my
    payers I have faith in Him and a intimate rellationship. He does not answer prayers
    for people who do evil.
    Maggie 3
    Maggie - I didn't say he was evil... I don't think you understood my point. Could you just refer back to my earlier post and think about what I am asking? I do think it is an important biblical question.

Sincerely.

Feb 15, 2009, 12:23 PM
    Yes I pray for protection everyday because I am a child of God. God is not the God
    Of the wicked. God does not answer or honor the prayers 0f a person who is not a child of God. The bible is for God's children , if you don.t have the Holy Spirit to guide you and give you understanding,the bible will not be a benefit to you. None of His promises are for the evil ones, or unbelievers. God is not of evil or has any part in evilness. God is good to those who choose to follow Him . We live in a world of good and evil, God has to give satan permission before he can cause any adversity or suffering in the life of a believer. God in the 91 Psalm tells us that we should pray for protection and a covering over us from the Lord. I stand on Paul's word in 2 Cor 5:7, I walk by faith not by sight.
    God said and I believe. " God causes all things to work for good to those who love God and to those who are callled according to His purpose." Rom 8:28.

On this side of heaven we will never understand how all things can work together for good for God's children--certainly, not all things in themselves are good---but God knows how He will do it. And in Him we trust. Again, I walk by faith and not by sight or feelings.
    Children of God should be walking in faith, [trusting and obeying God] and remembering God is in control.

MAGGIE 3
    Akoue Posts: 1,098, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2009, 02:35 PM
    God is in control.
    Of what?

Feb 15, 2009, 05:07 PM
    God is in control of everything and is in everything. He even made satan. Satan can only do what God allows. Read the book of Job in old testsment. It tells how satan had to have God's permission to make Job suffer. But when you are not a child of God you are on your own.

MAGGIE 3
    Akoue Posts: 1,098, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2009, 05:18 PM
    God is in control of everything and is in everything. He even made satan. satan can only do what God allows. Read the book of Job in old testsment. It tells how satan had to have God's permission to make Job suffer. But when you are not a child of God you are on your own.

MAGGIE 3
    If God is in control of everything, then there's no free will, and hence no sin.

If Satan needs God's permission, then that means God said the Holocaust was okay. It means God says it's okay for the innocent to suffer and die horribly. It means...

You see where I'm going with this.

If God is in control of *everything*, then God is responsible for the evil that is done. So maybe you don't want to say that he is in control of *everything*. God can still be omnipotent without exercising his omnipotence always and everywhere.
    Dare81 Posts: 264, Reputation: 44

Feb 17, 2009, 03:50 AM

If God Existed. Then could someone explain to me why he made this world?? Some kinds joke.We are supposedly here so we can do right. Find the right religion? Seems to me that we are in a big reality show with God watching it.
    greatodie Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Feb 18, 2009, 09:19 PM

God is a concept created by humans to describe and attributable to un explained phenomenon
    If there's some god we won't have a clue how he or she works?

We are mere reflections of him/her as one sees the image of sun in mirror and reflects the brilliance but never will produce the heat that's generated by the sun!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mommy Wars? [ 35 Answers ]

Hello All. I was watching TV the other day and the show was about "Mommy Wars". Have you heard of this? Mom's think their way is the "right" way to parent their kids and all others are wrong. What do you think? What are your views on: *Stay at Home vs. working *breast feeding vs....

Doesn't find me attractive, doesn't want sex with me, isn't sure he wants a relationship [ 14 Answers ]

Please read this, I need your help I'm 18 and so is my boyfriend I've been with him for 10 months and for about 5 months he's telling me he's not ready to commit and isn't sure he wants a relationship.and at points he's said he wants to feel he can do stuff with other women should the situation...

Great Dane Great Strain? [ 8 Answers ]

I love great danes!! I have and always will love them. In general I love big dogs! My question is though if I were to get a great dane what's my cost looking at what are some of the problems that are spefic to great danes behaviour and health wise (ex. Yorkies have hip problems) also I really want...

Punic Wars [ 1 Answers ]

Which Carthiaginian leader won every battle but lost the war with Rome?

Star Wars [ 10 Answers ]

Does anybody know if George Lucas is secretly making another Star Wars movie? After I saw Episode III I went home and watched Episode IV, V, and VI. I read some article that said he may be writing a new one, but was just wandering if anyone else knew for sure.

View more questions Search