Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MeMeMoo Posts: 34, Reputation: 5

Apr 21, 2008, 06:21 AM
    I am 12 and don't fully understand the power of God. No one does. But I believe everything. God gave us choice whether to believe or not. I believe and here's some info I hope will help. When Adam and Eve had the bad fruit in the garden of eden they were then banished into a world of imperfection. The garden of eden was perfect. There was no pain. When they were banished they entered a world of pain and suffering and they had to work for things. We also have to do that. Nothing can be perfect now what's done is done. The fruit was eaten and now we all have to live in this imperfect world. It can be beautiful with help from EVERYONE. But we'll still have to work to achieve. Wars: there are wars because there are disagreements which resolve to violence in this world. God won't go back in time and remove the bad fruit tree. What's done is done. Illnesses: Again God won't go back in time. This world isn't perfect. It is full of germs and virus's it's a part f the worlds many imperfections. We do suffer from living in a world with pain. But that is all a part of not being able to live in the garden of eden. Poverty: We do have to work to achieve we won't just get offered money. Life is how it is and we have to deal with it.

God isn't "Just watching." All the people that get better from illnesses got better from the act of God. He loves us all whether we choose to believe or not. Although this world is imperfect. God is performing minor and major miracles everyday of our lives. We may just not see it.
    behlat Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Jun 18, 2008, 06:38 AM
    Because God is omnipotent,we are more far from His understandings, everything that is happening is in God's plan and all we can do is to completely trust in Him. :)
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Jun 18, 2008, 05:17 PM
    That would contradict the bible, and the mentioning of free will. And we'd never learn much if there was some mystical force fixing everything for us, now would we?
    VSPrasad Posts: 108, Reputation: 10

Aug 2, 2008, 03:58 AM
    Ancient Europeans wrote about Ages of Man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_Man

There are also many other references to various
    Types of world ages or Ages of Man in Hopi
    (worlds), Mayan (suns) and other cultures of
    Antiquity. Giorgio de Santillana, the former
    Professor of the history of science, mentions
    Approximately thirty ancient cultures that
    Believed in the concept of a series of ages and
    The rise and fall of history, with alternating
    Dark and Golden Ages.

More details of these Ages are available in the
    Yuga concept of the Hindus. The present age
    Is known as Kali Yuga (age of darkness).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuga

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satya_Yuga

http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/iml/iml11.htm

http://www.crystallotus.com/Lemuria/04bbTheAges.htm

http://homepage.mac.com/cparada/GML/AgesOfWorld.html

Wars are characteristic features of the present Iron Age (Kali Yuga).
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2008, 12:59 PM
    Man is responsible for much of the sadness that goes on in this world, he has done it to himself... he will learn or pay the consequeces.

In the end man will destroy himself.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2008, 01:04 PM
    Man is also responsible for all the good in this world. Which do you choose - do good or cause sadness?
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2008, 08:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Man is also responsible for all the good in this world. Which do you choose - do good or cause sadness?

Hi Needkarma... I was actually answering the question direct... if gods great why doesn't he stop wars?
    I should have used the quote.

Yes,man has done a lot of good things... but somehow,I think the fact that we make and manufacture weapons, and then sell them.. (.sometimes to our enemies.).. to kill, some times slaughter innocent people, then I think the bad begins to out weigh the good.

Just my opinion
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2008, 09:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rphan
    Yes,man has done a lot of good things.......but somehow,i think the fact that we make and manufacture weapons, and then sell them..(.sometimes to our enemies.).. to kill, some times slaughter innocent people, then i think the bad begins to out weigh the good.
    I think that's more of an american issue than a mankind issue.
    interinfinity Posts: 142, Reputation: 8

Aug 14, 2008, 09:02 PM
    Maybe god doesn't see war the way we see war. He is all knowing and has a plan (so I've heard). Maybe there isn't a god? If there was no war, how would journalists and politicians earn a living?
    MeMeMoo Posts: 34, Reputation: 5

Sep 15, 2008, 11:59 PM
    Hello aain (:

Ever since I last posted my answer your question has sat at the back of my mind. Last week in God Stuff at school, we studie the story of Habakkuk. He was a man who had the same question as you do. He has a small book in the bible (Habakkuk) that I stongly suggest you read. It shows him asking God questions and God responding. Through out the book Habakkuks relationship with God grows. I really do suggest you as well study Habakkuk asit relates with your question :)

Bye =]
    Maggie 3 Posts: 262, Reputation: 41

Oct 3, 2008, 08:30 PM
    Heaven is where God is. There is no material concept of heaven
    That can do it justice. Heaven is a spiritual condition, where one spiritual being is in
    Touch with another spiritual being, and there is total communication and fellowship.
    God"s government rests on love.The universe is based on reason, love, and justice.
    If God chose to act arbitraily and exercise super force, there would be a danger that
    He would have to rule by fear, rather than love. He wants people to love and
    serve him voluntarily, not because they fear Him. He is carrying out a drama on earth
    that is cosmic in nature, whereby men and woman, created in the image of God, freely choose to serve Him. God"s plan is to triumph love over hate. God lives in man who was
    Made in His image. The time will come when He will assemble his body of people who love
    Him and will prove beyond any doubt that His love is the most powerful force in the universe. With the trumph of God's love complete, He will deal with Satan.

Maggie 3
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2008, 08:25 PM

Because man has freewill and the evil ones that have seized power over the lambs make too much money from wars to stop them. Besides that, they also like to see people die. That's how bad they really are and that my friend, is why we must stop them.
    I would stop them but I am afraid someone may get hurt. Like me.
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Oct 18, 2008, 12:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BMI View Post
    If God where to involve himself in everyday life than we wouldall know he existed and the world would be heaven, no suffering, no pain, no wars, etc. This lifemay very well be our "test" in which, if passed, we enter Heaven. Again, if God took allevil away there would be no point to this life.

Although I do beleive God works in all our lives on a daily basis, just not in the same dramatic way some think he should. So the everyday life of human is touched everyday by God and so too world events.
    Why would god put us here to pass or fail a test? Isn't that a set up. A CONDITIONAL love.
    Would you condemn your child to eternal fire and damnation if he/she failed a test of allegance to you? That god doesn't sound very forgiving of human error to me:rolleyes:.

Oct 18, 2008, 12:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie 3 View Post
    Heaven is where God is. There is no material concept of heaven
    that can do it justice. Heaven is a spiritual condition, where one spiritual being is in
    touch with another spiritual being, and there is total communication and fellowship.
    God"s government rests on love.The universe is based on reason, love, and justice.
    If God chose to act arbitraily and exercise super force, there would be a danger that
    He would have to rule by fear, rather than love. He wants people to love and
    serve him voluntarily, not because they fear Him. He is carrying out a drama on earth
    that is cosmic in nature, whereby men and woman, created in the image of God, freely choose to serve Him. God"s plan is to triumph love over hate. God lives in man who was
    made in His image. The time will come when He will assemble his body of people who love
    Him and will prove beyond any doubt that His love is the most powerful force in the universe. With the trumph of God's love complete, He will deal with Satan.

Maggie 3
    I thought god was everywhere. I was taught to love and fear god. You've heard the phrase, "good god fearing people." And why shouldn't we fear him, especially in the christian religion? It is put before us, Believe in this, that and the other and you will spend eternity with me. If you don't believe this, that and the other, you can spend eternity in hell. That sets up a fear based choice.

Oct 18, 2008, 12:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparbyfar View Post
    God is a lover of justice as brought out in Psa 37:28.

We are made in Gods image which means we have good qualities because HE has good qualities. LOVEYOUPEOPLE, it seems that you are very concerned about the conditions of this world, so surely God is too? I'm sure if you had the power you would put an end to all suffering and wars etc right? Well a study of HIS word will reveal that God can and will put a stop to these things PERMANENTLY.
    2 Pet 3:9...God is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire any to be destroyed but that all attain to repentance. Imagine if he had wiped out all wickedness long long ago - you would not exist, as many others also.
    Satan challenged God the very moment he deceived Eve, by saying in effect 'man does not need YOUR rulership'. So God is allowing man free reign to prove whether or not this is true. This does not make God responsible for the sad condition of todays world, any more than you would be responsible for your child to grow up and become a serial murderer despite you raising them with good morals and a stable, loving home.
    2 Pet 3:13 "There are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell."
    He DID wipe out wickedness long ago. Ever hear of Noah's Ark? And here we are.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 18, 2008, 07:24 AM
    cozyk-
    While I respect your point of view, your disagreements are out of line, and against the rules, as everyone can have their opinion.
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Oct 18, 2008, 08:42 AM

Cozyk - Going around and giving reddies to people that don't share your beliefs is really inappropriate behaviour. Also, your eye rolls and simplistic comments to questions or comments in which it seems you know very little, are also unwarranted.

You want to get into a discussion about the point of life and God then so be it, I'll even entertain that one sided debate in a PM if you'd like. Not so much to hear what you have to say but rather to dispel the nonsense written above, by you, of course (I AM rolling my eyes):)

Oct 18, 2008, 08:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    cozyk-
    While I respect your point of view, your disagreements are out of line, and against the rules, as everyone can have their opinion.
    I'm sorry, I really don't see why they are out of line. They are NOT my opinions or disagreements as much as they are my questions. My frustration is that no one has answered or addressed my questions. It is like people write these proclamations, but if someone questions a part of it, then they are stumped and I never get an answer. I TRUELEY would like to have responses to my questions. I'm sorry to sound difficult, I just REALLY want to know the answers.
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Oct 18, 2008, 09:02 AM

What answers are you seeking?

I've read some of your comments on various threads, you don't seem to ask many questions rather give your own interpretation. Eye rolls and authoritative answers to posts are very insulting (mine were out of self defence and so I should be absolved from any wrong doing:))

Ask and you shall receive (wonder where I've heard that before?). Bang and stomp and you will get what you give.

Oct 18, 2008, 09:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BMI View Post
    What answers are you seeking?

I've read some of your comments on various threads, you don't seem to ask many questions rather give your own interpretation. Eye rolls and authoritative answers to posts are very insulting (mine were out of self defence and so I should be absolved from any wrong doing:))

Ask and you shall receive (wonder where I've heard that before?). Bang and stomp and you will get what you give.
    Okay, answer this. Why does God allow natural disasters that cause innocent people to be killed or people suffer because someone they love is killed? Sorry about the eye rolling. Again, I'm frustrated because things that I point out are just ignored.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mommy Wars? [ 35 Answers ]

Hello All. I was watching TV the other day and the show was about "Mommy Wars". Have you heard of this? Mom's think their way is the "right" way to parent their kids and all others are wrong. What do you think? What are your views on: *Stay at Home vs. working *breast feeding vs....

Doesn't find me attractive, doesn't want sex with me, isn't sure he wants a relationship [ 14 Answers ]

Please read this, I need your help I'm 18 and so is my boyfriend I've been with him for 10 months and for about 5 months he's telling me he's not ready to commit and isn't sure he wants a relationship.and at points he's said he wants to feel he can do stuff with other women should the situation...

Great Dane Great Strain? [ 8 Answers ]

I love great danes!! I have and always will love them. In general I love big dogs! My question is though if I were to get a great dane what's my cost looking at what are some of the problems that are spefic to great danes behaviour and health wise (ex. Yorkies have hip problems) also I really want...

Punic Wars [ 1 Answers ]

Which Carthiaginian leader won every battle but lost the war with Rome?

Star Wars [ 10 Answers ]

Does anybody know if George Lucas is secretly making another Star Wars movie? After I saw Episode III I went home and watched Episode IV, V, and VI. I read some article that said he may be writing a new one, but was just wandering if anyone else knew for sure.

View more questions Search