Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BarbaraR Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2005, 01:05 PM
    Keyboard question compaq evo n400c notebook
    Hi. Does anyone know how to take a screen shot on a Compaq Evo N400C series notebook? The top row has a key labeled "prt sc" with a white underlay. I tried pressing this key with the "Fn" key at the same time but nothing happens. Is there another key I'm supposed to use? Thanking you in advance for any help, Barbara
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 22, 2005, 01:12 PM
    You are correct it normally is a case of pressing the Fn key and then the prt sc key at the same time and then just pasting it into word or paint or whatever you want.
    If it isn't working, have you tested the Fn key with other functions, like Num Lk ?

Dec 22, 2005, 01:18 PM
    Thank you for the quick response! The Num Lk function works. The hard drive makes noise when I press the Prt SC and Fn keys together and the mouse flickers but after that nothing happens. Will I see something or do I just copy and paste? Thank you for any help.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 22, 2005, 04:51 PM
    Sounds like its working.
    Once you have pressed the prt sc button you then need to PASTE the image into word, paint or any other app like that.
    Its doesn't send an image to your printer.

Dec 23, 2005, 07:51 AM
    OK Got it! Thank you very much! I thought it would open a program up itself like on a Mac.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Compaq N400c [ 16 Answers ]

Have asked about this problem before and had computer fixed at shop however the problem has re occurred. I cannoy get into the operating system it flashed up a warning message feom windows then it shut down.Since restarting all I keep getting is the Compaq screen then a black screen with white...

Compaq n400c need help [ 10 Answers ]

:confused: purchased the compaq N400c laptop a couple of days ago (second hand) and has been working fine until today. I cannot access windows at all. Does anyone out there know about this model. Have checked the guide book for troubleshooting but lists nothing like the problem that I am having....

Which notebook? [ 3 Answers ]

hi, need some guidance. Daughter's going to college and is buying an entry level notebook, narrowed down to two- 1) toshiba a85- s107 and 2) compac presario m2105 us. compac- With a 15" display, wireless capabilities and combo drive, the Compaq Presario M2105US notebook gives you the...

Cleaning notebook [ 1 Answers ]

My toshiba notebook has a metallic finish. Where I rest my palm when I write a dark patch has developed.I can't get rid of it. Is it oxidation? Do you know how to make my laptop shiny again?

View more questions Search