Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jennandjim1009 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2007, 07:36 PM
    How to prepare for custody hearing
    I need any credible information on what I need to prepare for a custody hearing with no legal representation. I am unable to afford it now, but need to do anything to get my daughter out of her extremely damaging situation. This comes from a father who is completely devoted to providing a wonderful life for his 7 year old daughter. Thanks and God Bless.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 17, 2007, 08:19 PM
    Get an attorney, that is the way to prepare, if you don't have one, and they get one, you have almost no chance what so ever.

You will need evidence that there is a exteme dangerous situation.
    Police reports, Chldren and family services reports, statements from the children if old enough of the danger. Witnesses that are believable and not realted.
    It is not a matter of knowing, or even being able to prove it in common sense, it is a matter of proving it, with evidene that can be used in court.
    No hearsay, no illegally obtained evidence.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father fighting for custody wants to know what to expect and how to prepare for court [ 13 Answers ]

I have served my child's mother with a custody hearing, and I myself have taken some measures to provide for the case such as tape recordings of her and the threats she made while she was pregnant about killing her self, taking a bottle of pills, then there are some stating that "This is my baby,...

Custody review hearing and drug testing of a parent issues and concerns [ 3 Answers ]

On Jan. 19 2006 temporary joint legal custody was granted to my ex and myself with primary physical custody granted to the father and supervised visitation on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m granted to myself. The reason for this was I failed a drug test in court the day of first hearing. The catch...

Should I prepare? [ 1 Answers ]

I need a gifted psychic to help me. My relationship is changing. I am in fear that he is not the same person I thought he was. Is he being honest with me? And if not what is he hiding? My birthday is 6-18-82 his is 5-5-79. If you need more info please message me.

Preparing for custody hearing for my 12 year old daughter [ 8 Answers ]

My 12 year old daughter, currently live with her father and his wife. Over the past year, my daughter has been subjected to violent arguments between her dad and step mom, sometimes brought into the fight and asked to take sides. Her father is emotionally abusing her, speaking badly about me and...

View more questions Search