Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brookeleigh Posts: 119, Reputation: 4

Dec 17, 2007, 02:42 PM
    Is this right?
    My friend was saying that god thinks its okay if you have a baby when you are a teenager and that it is "gods will". What is the truth about that because I don't agree! I think that god doesn't want to put a baby into two young peoples lives that aren't even in love or married... give me some info people if you have the knowledge & facts! Thanks! :)
    DanieLovesPaul Posts: 21, Reputation: 5

Dec 17, 2007, 02:49 PM
    We chose to give in to temptation, but the Christian belief is God will not put more on our shoulders then we can handle We must pay the consequences for our unholy actions.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2007, 02:50 PM
    The fact is that Having Children. God has created Marriage between two people. To unite and create a family together.

Man and a Women leave their parents to unite in marriage witnessed by God, and only through marriage is when it is considered Right, to create a family.

Now before anybody starts nailing me to the cross with this answer. Those are the facts and rules according to the Bible inspired by God.
    Lacey5765 Posts: 157, Reputation: 50

Dec 18, 2007, 12:16 PM
    Teenagers getting pregnant is not God's will. It is a consequence of having sex. We have agency to make choices both good and bad and all will have consequences. Sexual relations should be saved for marriage. It is the act spoken of in the Bible as "becoming one". God will certainly help those who find themselves pregnant and unmarried as he loves us all but it is not his plan.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2007, 12:19 PM
    But doesn't God know everyone's destiny from the day they are born?
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2007, 06:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by brookeleigh
    My friend was saying that god thinks its okay if you have a baby when you are a teenager and that it is "gods will".
    If they are married.

What is the truth about that because I don't agree! I think that god doesn't want to put a baby into two young peoples lives that aren't even in love or married..
    You are correct.

.give me some info people if you have the knowledge & facts! Thanks! :)
    Genesis 2 24 Wherefore a man shall leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they shall be two in one flesh.

Ephesians 5 31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife, and they shall be two in one flesh. 32 This is a great sacrament; but I speak in Christ and in the church.

You see, our marital embrace, that is to say, sex between man and wife is holy because it is a symbol of God's love for man. But sex outside of marriage is a sin because it is against God's will.

Sincerely,
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 18, 2007, 07:41 PM
    Children are a blessing from God, but man has made sex a act of sin also.
    If a couple is married, that is how God wants them to have children, outside of that, it is not always within Gods will.

And God would not want to people who are teens and not in love to be having sex.
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2007, 08:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    But doesn't God know everyone's destiny from the day they are born?
    Yes, but we don't.

Sincerely,
    clinton mccoy Posts: 47, Reputation: 15

Dec 18, 2007, 08:45 PM
    So you people believe that you can understudy Gods plan, for an individual? WOW! I wonder if God recongizes the union of two people spiritualy, or if it has to be on paper. I wonder if a child is not born of a paper marriage does he get anyf less blessings, from God? What about the parents? Hold on if one believes all sins are equal: what's the defferents between that and any other sin? Did Abraham have a son that was born out of marriage was blessed by God? Maybe I should let God be the judge? Omnipotent and Omniscient- I wonder what those words mean? Yes ,it is ideal to have have two parents in a child's life,but that doesn't guarantee Gods favor or disfavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Children are a blessing from God, but man has made sex a act of sin also.
    If a couple is married, that is how God wants them to have children, outside of that, it is not always within Gods will.

And God would not want to people who are teens and not in love to be having sex.
    Check your history only up until 60 years ago it was normal to have children in your teen years. I am talking 13-19, and often the man was considerably older then the child or young women. Do think those women were in love(real love ). What is marriage without love. Does a paper make it valid in the eyes of God? A lot of marriages in the bible were arranged, is that love? I think in the bible Gods states over and over again that only "The Omnipotent" knows his true will and plan. i.e.. See what he told Job.
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2007, 09:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by clinton mccoy
    So you people believe that you can understudy Gods plan, for an individual? WOW!
    I don't know what you mean by "understudy"?

However, God has revealed to us His will in this matter.

I wonder if God recongizes the union of two people spiritualy, or if it has to be on paper.
    Me too. God has revealed to us the ordinary means of salvation. Whether there is an extraordinary means He has not revealed.

I wonder if a child is not born of a paper marriage does he get anyf less blessings, from God?
    No. But he gets less blessing from his parents. Since the child's parents are disobedient to God, they will probably teach their child to be disobedient also.

What about the parents?
    Since they are disobedient to God, they have forsaken the blessings of God.

Hold on if one believes all sins are equal: what's the defferents between that and any other sin?
    I don't believe all sins are equal. Scripture says:

1 John 5 16 He that knoweth his brother to sin a sin which is not to death, let him ask, and life shall be given to him, who sinneth not to death. There is a sin unto death: for that I say not that any man ask. 17 All iniquity is sin. And there is a sin unto death.

Did Abraham have a son that was born out of marriage was blessed by God?
    Yes.

Maybe I should let God be the judge?
    Wise choice. Same choice I made. But I decided to make friends with the Judge.

Omnipotent and Omniscient- I wonder what those words mean?
    Omnipotent - All powerful
    Omniscient - All knowing

Yes ,it is ideal to have have two parents in a child's life,but that doesn't guarantee Gods favor or disfavor.
    That is true. But children with two parents generally feel more favored. Every child that I know of who was raised without a father, misses their father. And every child I know of who was raised without a mother, misses their mother.

Sincerely,

Check your history only up until 60 years ago it was normal to have children in your teen years. I am talking 13-19,
    Correct.

and often the man was considerably older then the child or young women.
    Correct.

Do think those women were in love(real love ).
    Yes. The custom also entailed a year's courtship.

What is marriage without love. Does a paper make it valid in the eyes of God?
    No. But a ceremony in Church before God and His witnesses does make it valid.

A lot of marriages in the bible were arranged, is that love?
    Yes.

I think in the bible Gods states over and over again that only "The Omnipotent" knows his true will and plan. i.e.. See what he told Job.
    I have no idea what you are talking about. But God has revealed His will for man. So, it doesn't take omnipotence to know His will. The Church can teach you.

Sincerely,

Dec 19, 2007, 07:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria
    Correct.

Correct.

Yes. The custom also entailed a year's courtship.

No. But a ceremony in Church before God and His witnesses does make it valid.

Yes.

I have no idea what you are talking about. But God has revealed His will for man. So, it doesn't take omnipotence to know His will. The Church can teach you.

Sincerely,
    What church are you talking about? The one that has misinterpreted Gods word 1000's of times throughout history? It's no doubt things will be missed if a child is raised by one parent, but that was not the question. 78% of arranged marriages said that they learned to love their mate, they were not in love at the time of marriage. I am shocked to hear you say that teenaged christains that are not married, will not teach their children right.WOW! I know many good single parent christains, and children from those parents.

I don't know what you mean by "understudy"?

However, God has revealed to us His will in this matter.

Me too. God has revealed to us the ordinary means of salvation. Whether there is an extraordinary means He has not revealed.

No. But he gets less blessing from his parents. Since the child's parents are disobedient to God, they will probably teach their child to be disobedient also.

Since they are disobedient to God, they have forsaken the blessings of God.

I don't believe all sins are equal. Scripture says:

1 John 5 16 He that knoweth his brother to sin a sin which is not to death, let him ask, and life shall be given to him, who sinneth not to death. There is a sin unto death: for that I say not that any man ask. 17 All iniquity is sin. And there is a sin unto death.

Yes.

Wise choice. Same choice I made. But I decided to make friends with the Judge.

Omnipotent - All powerful
    Omniscient - All knowing

That is true. But children with two parents generally feel more favored. Every child that I know of who was raised without a father, misses their father. And every child I know of who was raised without a mother, misses their mother.

Sincerely,
    There are many christains that believe that all sins are equal. Are you suggesting that someone that is not married when they have a child is not friends with God? WOW! I consider myself friends with God. I also feel blessed. Did Abraham, David, and Solomon loose Gods favor? They disobeyed, or made many bad decision, in the eyes of man- but remained in Gods favor. Like I sugested we can not understand what's God plan for an individual might intel. Quoting a few paragraphs out of the bible does not explain Gods plan. But I don't want to get into a verse war. I understand why you fell the way you feel
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2007, 08:11 PM
    Replied to both posts here.

What church are you talking about? The one that has misinterpreted Gods word 1000's of times throughout history?
    Anytime you want to discuss that topic, have a go. Start a new thread however. All I ask is that we take it one supposed error at a time.

It's no doubt things will be missed if a child is raised by one parent, but that was not the question.
    But I was not addressing the question at the point I made that statement. I was addressing the comment that
    Yes ,it is ideal to have have two parents in a childs life,but that doesn't guarentee Gods favor or disfavor.
    I answered that comment by saying:

I'm pretty sure I addressed your point.

78% of arranged marriages said that they learned to love their mate, they were not in love at the time of marriage.
    I didn't say they were in love at the time of marriage.. I just said they loved the mate to whom they were married.

I am shocked to hear you say that teenaged christains that are not married, will not teach their children right.WOW! I know many good single parent christains, and children from those parents.
    If they believe it is all right to have sex outside of marriage then they will probably teach their children it is all right to have sex outside of marriage. That is not according to orthodox Christianity.

There are many christains that believe that all sins are equal.
    Did I say there weren't?

Are you suggesting that someone that is not married when they have a child is not friends with God?
    I'm suggesting that someone who has sex outside of marriage is committing a sin.

WOW! I consider myself friends with God. I also feel blessed. Did Abraham, David, and Solomon loose Gods favor?
    Yes, but they repented and were forgiven.

They disobeyed, or made many bad decision, in the eyes of man- but remained in Gods favor.
    2 Kings 12
    7 And Nathan said to David: Thou art the man. Thus saith the Lord the God of Israel: I anointed thee king over Israel, and I delivered thee from the hand of Saul, 8 And gave thee thy master's house and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and Juda: and if these things be little, I shall add far greater things unto thee. 9 Why therefore hast thou despised the word of the Lord, to do evil in my sight? Thou hast killed Urias the Hethite with the sword, and hast taken his wife to be thy wife, and hast slain him with the sword of the children of Ammon. 10 Therefore the sword shall never depart from thy house, because thou hast despised me, and hast taken the wife of Urias the Hethite to be thy wife.

11 Thus saith the Lord: Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thy own house, and I will take thy wives before thy eyes I and give them to thy neighhour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun. 12 For thou didst it secretly: but I will do this thing in the sight of all Israel, and in the sight of the sun. 13 And David said to Nathan: I have sinned against the Lord. And Nathan said to David: The Lord also hath taken away thy sin: thou shalt not die. 14 Nevertheless, because thou hast given occasion to the enemies of the Lord to blaspheme, for this thing, the child that is born to thee, shall surely die. 15 And Nathan returned to his house. The Lord also struck the child which the wife of Urias had borne to David, and his life was despaired of.

Douay-Rheims Catholic Bible, Second Book Of Kings Chapter 12

Like I sugested we can not understand what's God plan for an individual might intel. Quoting a few paragraphs out of the bible does not explain Gods plan. But I don't want to get into a verse war. I understand why you fell the way you feel
    Thanks.

Sincerely,

Dec 19, 2007, 09:11 PM
    [QUOTE=De Maria]Replied to both posts here.

Anytime you want to discuss that topic, have a go. Start a new thread however. All I ask is that we take it one supposed error at a time.

The earth is the center of our solar system
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2007, 04:24 PM
    [QUOTE=clinton mccoy]
    Replied to both posts here.

The earth is the center of our solar system
    Are you insinuating that the Church ever had a doctrine that claimed the earth was the center of our solar system?

Please provide the data.

Sincerely,
    Expert

Dec 20, 2007, 05:59 PM
    It is easy to know what is right or wrong, there is a guide book, called the bible, not just picking one verse out of context to make your agreement.

1. sex outside of marriage is wrong

Then there is the social aspect in today's society, teens are not ready and really prepared to have children, since in reality they are still children thierself. It will hurt their abilities to get ahead in life and make their life much harder.

Trying to twist Gods word for you benefit is not changing the truth.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2007, 08:04 PM
    You're both right to an extent. It's true that God doesn't want to put a baby into two young peoples lives that aren't even in love or married. But God in his providence allows certain things to happen that aren't necessarily his will or seemingly in his (or anyone else's) best interests. Now please don't ask me why because I simply don't have an answer to that. God is infinite and divine whilst I am merely mortal and human so it is impossible for me to understand everything that God does. I can speculate to an extent but it would be just that ; speculation. The important thing that I try to remember is that I must conform to God's standards ; I cannot make him conform to mine. So many of us want to do just that ; instead of living our lives truly according to God's will, we try to bend and mold God to fit our standard of what we think God ought to be, rather than accept and live by his laws.

Dec 20, 2007, 09:43 PM
    [QUOTE=De Maria]

Are you insinuating that the Church ever had a doctrine that claimed the earth was the center of our solar system?

Please provide the data.

Sincerely,
    Yes I am saying that the church punished people who went against that theory. I am not saying it is the bible.
    Read what happened to Galiano. Come on I know you know the story. Does the doctrine of sainthood come from the bible?

Quote Originally Posted by s_cianci
    You're both right to an extent. It's true that God doesn't want to put a baby into two young peoples lives that aren't even in love or married. But God in his providence allows certain things to happen that aren't necessarily his will or seemingly in his (or anyone else's) best interests. Now please don't ask me why because I simply don't have an answer to that. God is infinite and divine whilst I am merely mortal and human so it is impossible for me to understand everything that God does. I can speculate to an extent but it would be just that ; speculation. The important thing that I try to remember is that I must conform to God's standards ; I cannot make him conform to mine. So many of us want to do just that ; instead of living our lives truly according to God's will, we try to bend and mold God to fit our standard of what we think God ought to be, rather than accept and live by his laws.
    That's the same point I was making.

Quote Originally Posted by s_cianci
    This is just my feeling- Gods knows it is probably not the wisest decssion, so God advises against it. I just don't see the most understanding being taking blessings from teenagers, who are only babies spirirtualy. I agree with what you are saying, though!
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2007, 02:33 PM
    Yes I am saying that the church punished people who went against that theory.
    You are wrong.

I am not saying it is the bible. Read what happened to Galiano.
    Do you mean Galileo? He was punished because he said the Bible was wrong. Not because he said that the earth rotated around the sun. Copernicus had made that discovery 100 years earlier and he was a Catholic member of the Jesuit order.

Come on I know you know the story. Does the doctrine of sainthood come from the bible?
    I've never heard of a doctrine of sainthood. Please explain what you mean?

Sincerely,

De Maria

Dec 21, 2007, 07:22 PM
    You are wrong.

Do you mean Galileo? He was punished because he said the Bible was wrong. Not because he said that the earth rotated around the sun. Copernicus had made that discovery 100 years earlier and he was a Catholic member of the Jesuit order.

I"ve never heard of a doctrine of sainthood. Please explain what you mean?

Sincerely,

De Maria
    Maybe you are not catholic

maybe you are not catholic
    Galileo's support for the heliocentric theory got him into trouble with the Roman Catholic Church. In 1633 the Inquisition convicted him of heresy and forced him to recant (publicly withdraw) his support of Copernicus. They sentenced him to life imprisonment, but because of his advanced age allowed him serve his term under house arrest at his villa in Arcetri outside of Florence. Please excuse my spelling.

You are wrong.

I"ve never heard of a doctrine of sainthood. Please explain what you mean?

Sincerely,

De Maria
    Canonization (also spelled Canonisation) is the act by which a Christian Church declares a deceased person to be a saint, inscribing that person in the canon, or list, of recognized saints.

In the Catholic Church (but not the Eastern Catholic Churches), the act of canonization is now reserved to the Holy See and occurs at the conclusion of a long process requiring extensive proof that the person proposed for canonization lived, and died, in such a way that he or she is worthy to be recognized as a saint. Originally, however, individuals were recognized as saints without any formal process, as happened, for instance, in the case of Saint Peter and the Blessed Virgin Mary. Other Christian Churches still follow the older practice (see, for instance, below on Eastern Orthodox practice).

Canonization, whether formal or informal, does not make someone a saint: it is only a declaration that the person is a saint and was a saint even before canonization. It is generally recognized that there are many more saints in heaven than have been canonized on earth.[( When you said orthodox christain I thought you you catholic).
    Expert

Dec 21, 2007, 07:35 PM
    It is pointless to try and compare the Church in the 1500 and 1600 to the church today, during many years the church was not only a religious body but also a civil government authority that was contoling a major part of the world. So often church courts of the time had little to do with religion, and more as a control for reasons of government.

The action of church leaders of that time, did not often follow the bible. With that the actions of anyone 500 years ago has little if any bearing on what is right and wrong today

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search