Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CorrieNB Posts: 78, Reputation: 8

Dec 17, 2007, 10:33 AM
    Eptopic Pregnancy
    Hey I was wondering if any of you have had an eptopic Pregnancy. I found out last month I was going to have a baby YEAH. Was so excited.at 7 weeks I went to the emergency room and my falopian tube had ruptured. They had to rush me to surgery and take out a piece of my tube. I lost almost half of my blood. It was really scary. Any similar experiences to share?
    leti1980 Posts: 150, Reputation: 6

Dec 17, 2007, 10:42 AM
    Hi I had an eptopic 4 years ago I was 6 weeks when I found out I was pregnant and was made up, but three days after I found out I woke up with so much pain, got rushd to hospital and found out it was eptopic. Had to have surgery the same as you.
    I was heart broken, but I think it was not meant to be. Now I have a 10mth old little girl called jessica. How do you feel about it all are u OK?

Dec 17, 2007, 10:46 AM
    Im doing Okay Let me ask you a question I also didn't know I was pregnant I had a pap and they found cancer cells on my cervics so the froze them off I asked if they would do a pregnancy test and they said it wasn't necessary so three days after the freezing I found out I was pregnant 6 weeks to be exact do you think them freezing my cervics could have any thing to do with it? Congrats on the baby girl she is very pretty I have a 6 year old son William
    leti1980 Posts: 150, Reputation: 6

Dec 17, 2007, 10:54 AM
    No I don't think so. Its just one off those things that happen that nobody can start or stop, the fertilized egg would have been stuck in your tube long before that.did they say if they could see any cysts when they did surgery?
    I hope the cancer cells are all clear now.
    Are you going to try for another when I did I had to let the docs know asap for a scan to make sure it was not in my tube again.

Dec 17, 2007, 12:14 PM
    I eventuly will but not for a while they had to take out part of one of my tubes so I only have one left and the Dc said there was a lot of scarring so my chances of having another eptopic were very high Everything happens for a reason when the time is right in Gods eyes I will have another one. Thanks for sharing it helps to talk about it still pretty sad
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 18, 2007, 09:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CorrieNB
    do you think them freezing my cervics could have any thing to do with it?
    I am so sorry about your misfortune. It seems though that you do have a good attitude, and a positive attitude will get you everywhere.

No, I don't believe this had anything to do with it. Your cervix and fallopian tubes are totally different entities and are quite a ways apart from each other, and really have nothing to do with one another aside from the tubes releasing the egg, and the cervix releasing the baby.

There are many theories as to why ectopic pregnancies occur, one we know for sure, as you have found out, is scarring.

Dec 18, 2007, 09:28 AM
    Ive done quite a bit of research on it I think I really wanted to share more than get answers thank you for your words
    Expert

Dec 18, 2007, 09:28 AM
    I'm so sorry I interrupted your thread. However, others may want some answers.

Dec 18, 2007, 09:30 AM
    My Thread? If others want answers Im sure they will ask Questions but thank you any ways hope you have a merry Christmas
    Expert

Dec 18, 2007, 09:32 AM
    No need to be so rude. I was just trying to help.

Dec 18, 2007, 09:35 AM
    Not sure why you think I was being rude. Sorry if you took it the wrong way it sounded to me like you were being a bit rude. Must have been a mis understanding

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could I have an eptopic pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

My tubes were tied 5yrs. Ago. In October I was a week late on my period and it only lasted for 3 days and normally goes for 7. Two weeks later I spotted for another 3 days, but it was pink and pail red. Now I'm 4 days late and feeling a lot of pressure and pain while I'm up moving around and I...

Could I have an eptopic pregnany? [ 5 Answers ]

I started my period 2 week ago, but all of a sudden I started to get abdominal pains in my left side and feeling sick Is it possible thet I could have an eptopic pregnancy? I stop using contraception over a month ago.

Possible pregnancy? [ 1 Answers ]

Just quick background information I'm on birth control and sexually active, but I'm taking meds for my skin which are supposed to reduce the effect of birth control. Usually we use a condom. My 21 day cycle is over and its time for my period. I have read a lot of things which say thatthis may...

Eptopic Pregnancy? [ 5 Answers ]

I am but worried about my girl friend. We had unprotected sex on around 27th March 07 and her periods were due on 10 April 07. Her period cycles are not very regular and vary by a few days minus or plus. During the time her period was due, she started having Vaginal spotting and not periods...

Pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

I had my period on September 29 which was 8 days late and it's the October 30th and I have cramps and sore breast can I have gotten pregnant last month and still got my period

View more questions Search