Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tuxedo123 Posts: 73, Reputation: 2

Dec 16, 2007, 05:47 PM
    Harness construction
    Hi! I am making a movie. I need a harness. Can anybody tell me what type of construction I need to do to hook the harness up like if I have to do any drilling, what changes I have to make, what things for the harness I will need. (and this is inside a house so... yah.) :confused:
    rogeve33 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2007, 06:02 PM
    Try a bosuns chair harness that yachters use for being hauled up masts from a marine store

Dec 16, 2007, 06:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rogeve33
    Try a bosuns chair harness that yachters use for being hauled up masts from a marine store

Say I have a scene of someone jumping over somebody or levitating. Could it be used for that? And can you use it inside a house? If so how would you hook it up?
    rogeve33 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2007, 06:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxedo123
    Say I have a scene of someone jumping over somebody or levitating. Could it be used for that? And can you use it inside a house? If so how would you hook it up?
    There are several designs but in principle shoulder and leg straps, waistbelt and a strong ring that hooks in the lifting line for a sail. You will need a 5 mm wire or kevlar line and a strong fitting on a beam or ceiling slab.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2007, 06:42 PM
    I worked construction for a number of years and used a safety belt to tied off...

This was done outside and at considerble height -- now they use a full body harness.

Tipically in house construction no harness is worn -- roofers don't wear them

Most carpenters, plumbers,and electricians do wear a tool belt and climb ladders...

Don't know what your movie is about but maybe you need to visit a job site...

Dec 17, 2007, 04:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by biggsie
    I worked construction for a number of years and used a safety belt to tied off...

This was done outside and at considerble height -- now they use a full body harness.

Tipically in house construction no harness is worn -- roofers don't wear them

Most carpenters, plumbers,and electricians do wear a tool belt and climb ladders...

Don't know what your movie is about but maybe you need to visit a job site...

O.k. Thanks!:)

Dec 17, 2007, 04:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rogeve33
    There are several designs but in principle shoulder and leg straps, waistbelt and a strong ring that hooks in the lifting line for a sail. You will need a 5 mm wire or kevlar line and a strong fitting on a beam or ceiling slab.
    Thanks a bunch!:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring Harness Extensions 97 Civic [ 1 Answers ]

I flipped the doors on my 97 honda civic coupe.( Suicide the doors ) I need to extend the door wiring harnesses for the electric to the doors. Is there an pre made extension available or how do I extend the wiring? Thank in advance

Engine Wiring Harness? [ 1 Answers ]

The wiring Harness on my 94 honda Del sol doesn't have a wire lead or cupling for the MAP sensor, what should I do? Do I need a new wiring harness or can I splice new wires into the old harness?

Puppy harness or collar? [ 4 Answers ]

My staffy is now 13 weeks old, wears collar all day but when on lead pulls to point of choking and coughing, I worry about hurting her, is a harness better or should I get her to learn that its not comfy so don't pull?

Wireing harness [ 1 Answers ]

My in laws have a 1993 Ford Explorer Sport 4x4, 4.0 L V6 engine. They were told the wireing harness going to the engine (I am assuming the harness to the computer) is defective and there is no longer an after market replacement harness being made. Is it possible this is true? It seems a shame to...

View more questions Search