Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 2, 2008, 11:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PrttyBrownEyez21
    when i said drawing the line...i meant where should i draw the line by how i act around him
    Cool, reserved, confident! Lots of confidence. But not overly affectionate, but friendly. Confident and friendly is a great combination.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2008, 11:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PrttyBrownEyez21
    when i said drawing the line...i meant where should i draw the line by how i act around him
    How to act around him
    Like a good friend
    Not too forward -avoid coming off like you are looking/trying for more
    PrttyBrownEyez21 Posts: 121, Reputation: 2

Mar 2, 2008, 04:37 PM
    I think I can handle that.what about hanging out?because I really want to go icekskating(I haven't been in awhile)n I want to get a group of people to go with.
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2008, 04:40 PM
    G0 for it and invite him if you want
    Tell him a group of you are going Sue, Mary, Fred... (make sure you have set plans with them) and he is more than welcome to go along.

Mar 4, 2008, 08:50 PM
    Yea I think that's what I'm going to do.. I got to ask my other friend first.today he actually played around with me... like I was trying to go to my locker and he kept blockin it.. whichever way I went he went.. n then he kept doing that.. even when he started talking to my best friend.then when she left he kept doing that.. n then he was like wheres your locker and I pushed him up against my locker and he was like o its like that.. u alll assertive or something.then he moved and I tried to open my locker,but it wouldn't open and then he was like let me c n then he moved to the to the other side of me and then I finally got it open
    Marriedguy Posts: 474, Reputation: 115

Mar 12, 2008, 11:20 AM
    I have to disagree with you guys on this one. This young man is showing signs that he is not mature enough to date. He definitely likes her there is no doubt about that. She has to tread carefully.

:o
    I was very shy in the 5th grade and I liked girl and she liked me. Our friends kind of forced us to be boyfriend and girlfriend. Since, I was scared to kiss, hold hands, hug or do anything. She would have to initiate those actions. Since, she was the girl she wasn’t going to. Eventually, a mutual friend told me it she said it was over. I was broken hearted and relieved at the same time.
    Expert

Mar 13, 2008, 01:33 PM
    If they are having fun, then holding hands is not important, what's the rush with the love stuff? I think its great to just hang with friends, and have fun.

Mar 16, 2008, 04:57 PM
    I mean I understand where your both coming from.. but I still don't even know myself
    Expert

Mar 16, 2008, 05:21 PM
    That's the real beauty of youth, having fun while learning about yourself, and others, and life.

Mar 22, 2008, 04:57 PM
    OK so as I have stated in the past.. I am still confused about this guy but I DO still like him.all this week we've had a few moments of us talking one on one... but then we've also had moments when people ruined it.like a few times this week.. we were walking in opposite directions but our eyes still met and then I was walking with my friend to the busses and he was standing on the steps and he was like looking over where we were and I know no one else was like behind us that he was looking at or whatever.but anyway enough of that... my birthday is coming up real soon(april 3rd) n me and one of my bestfriends are going to have a double birthday dinner since hers is the 2nd and mine the 3rd.we are both inviting people and I want him to be apart of it.. so should I ask him?also prom is in April too... n he's the only guy who I would even want to go with.im still not even sure if I'm going to go or not because prom this yr is not in the best place... but if I do decide to go I would want to go with him.idk if he's going or not or if he's going with anybody or any details like that.. but what should I do?
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2008, 05:05 PM
    Invite him to your party but leave the prom up to him asking you.

Mar 22, 2008, 07:43 PM
    But what if he doesn't then what

Mar 30, 2008, 08:48 PM
    OK so the other day I was walking in the hall with him and I was like so guess who's birthday is coming up and he guessed mine.n I didn't even ask him if he was going to get me anything and he was like what do you want.then I mentioned to him that I was having a birthday dinner and asked him would he want to go and he said yea.then the other day I was at my lunch table talking to some of my friends and I happened to look over and it seemed that he was looking over in my direction.a few days ago I went out of town and I was looking at keychains that had my friends names on them.. but I only found one with his so I got it.. & I guess I'll give it to him tomorrow.as I have said before our prom is April twenty something & I really would like to go with him but I don't know if I should either ask him myself or wait for him to ask hme(if he does at all) or just bring up prom so me how and go from there.
    Expert

Mar 31, 2008, 07:02 AM
    Slow down, and see how the dinner goes. Hmmm, reading back through this post we have established he is a friend, so lets be very careful where, and how, we approach, and define that friendship. Proms usually, but not always involve couples, so he may not be keen on taking that step. As a guy, a female buying me little gifts shows affection, and more than just a friendship, so is that the message you want to convey? Have you been hanging out doing fun stuff as a group yet?

Mar 31, 2008, 05:34 PM
    I mean yea I have established that he is still a friend but I do still have feelings for him.I mean I know proms usually involve couples but there are some people who go as friends.what did you mean he might not be keen on taking that step? I mean it was just a keychain with his name on it nothing big.. and its not like I just bought him something.I also bought my other friend a keychain too. I mean I don't really know what he thought of me giving it to me.. all I remember his saying what "u didnt have to get me anything" then my friends came up and ruined our conversation so then he hugged me and left.to answer your question, no we have not.my b-day dinner would be the 1st.
    Expert

Mar 31, 2008, 06:09 PM
    Seems your feelings are stronger than his. It also seems your intent on pursuing a bit.

Apr 1, 2008, 05:17 AM
    I'm not trying to push things and I'm not intent on doing so
    Expert

Apr 1, 2008, 05:31 AM
    Okay just wanted some clarity, because I think you can have as much fun, if nor more, as friends, and there is little need to be couples. Hope the dinner goes well, and he asks you to the prom. I see nothing wrong with talking about it with him, soon. Might not be easy if he is still on lockdown.

Apr 1, 2008, 09:52 PM
    Thanks... yea I hope so too.u don't see anything wrong with talking about what?prom?I was thinking about trying to bring it up sometime.. maybe during or after my b-day dinner
    Expert

Apr 2, 2008, 05:52 AM
    Good idea, as I doubt he will ask you on his own.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search