Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Spontaneouslemon Posts: 75, Reputation: 5

Dec 16, 2007, 01:07 PM
    Does anyone know about how good Commercial Talent is in the theatrical department?
    I know that Commercial Talent is good for commercials, but I'd like to know if anyone knows by experience, or by a friends experience, if they are any good for theatrical work as well? Or if it would be better to search for another agency that really specializes in theatrical work.
    I'm not sure if this is the right group for this topic, but I wasn't sure what group it corresponds to...
    Any takers?
    THANKS
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2007, 02:00 AM
    People that do commercials are actors and actresses. But, they are also generally trying to be sales people most of the time and are hired for the reasons of how well they can present a product or service to the general public. So, they might not be good in the theater area as far as doing musical plays and/or spoken plays because of the additional skills which are often required, such as singing and dancing as well as knowing how to interpret and project an image onstage for something like perhaps a Shakespearian play.

So, if you are looking for a true pool of actors and actresses in order to do theater work, I would suggest looking for them in a company that promotes more specifically actors and actresses that are available for theatrical work.

What kind of people are you looking for? And, what is it that you are wanting them to do, please?
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2007, 02:12 AM
    I thought maybe he was trying to find out about the best route to go for his own career.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2007, 02:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by oneguyinohio
    I thought maybe he was trying to find out about the best route to go for his own career.
    Good thought! That is a possibility. Would be good to know as far as the underlying reason for the question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to write a letter introducing a new department [ 2 Answers ]

How to write a letter introducing a new department in the company in order to obtain the help of coworkers to market this new department to their current and new client database?`

Sales and marketing department [ 2 Answers ]

Project: My company has developed a product that is guaranteed to be successful in any country that has a substantial population. The sales and marketing department would like you to do some research and find out what countries would be the most ideal markets for your new product. 750 words...

WHAT are the main functions of the marketing department? [ 2 Answers ]

WHAT are the main functions of the marketing department?

Police Department [ 1 Answers ]

I have been told that I could not be hired for a position at the local police department (City X, North Carolina) because I have a judgement sitting on my credit report. Why do they do that? I meet all other qualifications, and when I ask the reason isn't that I am not capable, but because I have...

View more questions Search