Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thedane Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2007, 11:49 AM
    Record DVR program onto DVD
    I have recorded some Stand up commedy on my comcast dvr, and now I want to record it on to a DVD, but it keeps stopping, saying I cannot record copy protected material.
    How do I get around this...

Thanks
    Thomas
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 16, 2007, 12:08 PM
    You don't.

Dec 16, 2007, 12:12 PM
    I don't... because its impossible or because it might be illegal? (copyrignt issues)?

Dec 16, 2007, 12:17 PM
    Both. It would appear that comcast is using some sort of DRM (Digital Rights Management) to prevent copying of copyrighted material. That DRM may not be bypassable. In any event it would be illegal to try or to make the copies.

Dec 16, 2007, 12:27 PM
    So does that mean that the DRM signal is being send to the DVD recorder and thus the recording can't happened?
    One should think that a device connected between the cable box and the DVD recorder would be available...
    Does this also mean that a program cannot be directly recorded to DVD, as in the good old days with VHS, when watching it at the same time??

Dec 16, 2007, 12:37 PM
    I don't know exactly how the DRM works. There are different methods. While a device might exists such a device would be illegal. And we will not discuss it here.

It could be DRM would prevent direct recording or it may not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get my record sponged [ 1 Answers ]

I did 2 yrs probation for something I didn't do but wanted to get over with didn't know it would come back to haunt me don't have anything else on my record I am having a problem finding a job because of it how do I get it sponged or what can I do?

I need to record [ 3 Answers ]

hi, im Ashley, i love singing and i want a website or program i can download to record my music, and singing, does anybody know anything that i could use to record with? :p

How do I record on my PC? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to record songs I made on this dj thing on the computer . What is the easiest way? I heard there was software called Hijacker or something I need help ahhhh Thank you

Not sure how to record in GJ [ 1 Answers ]

We purchased parts and the invoice was $151.02. My husband wrote the check for $151.07. How do I journalize this ?

Record Satellite? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a DVD player, VCR, and Star Choice Satellite (Canadian) hooked up to my newer Sony television. All components are connect and working properly. I cannot get it so I can record anything that is on the satellite TV. I was told with Satellite you can only record the channel you have on which...

View more questions Search