Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whatnext Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2007, 11:42 AM
    Website one sided
    I made comments on a website today positive comments about lawyers practices. All of the comments were negative and when I checked mine they are not displayed. How can you trust those sites and people are only getting one side of the story.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2007, 11:58 AM
    Whoever is paying for a site can largely dictate policies. I see this a lot in the dog world. The net is full of sites put up by kooks with an agenda or those selling something. Then somebody that doesn't know enough to recognize garbage will dig one of them up and post a link to it in their answer to a question. The myths of the 50's are alive and thriving on the net.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 16, 2007, 12:04 PM
    Whatever made you think you could trust them? A website is owned by some entity (including this one). Generally, such sites DO have an agenda and can exercise editorial control. We've seen many sites quoted here and when we look at them , they clearly are biased and one sided.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 16, 2007, 12:56 PM
    yes, for example, before I got banned over on Yahoo many of my answers since they were christian based were often deleted by someone because christian values and answers were considered offensive.

So those that control the site, control the power
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2007, 05:16 AM
    What makes you think publications of the MSM or any major media organization like the networks operate any differently ?At least on the net they generally wear their bias on their sleeves.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

One-sided sex life [ 20 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for going on 8 years. I'll try to make this super short and leave out unimportant details. He's never liked giving oral sex to girls, he just doesn't like it. He used to give it to me occasionally now it is not at all for the last few years. I love it so much when he...

One sided love... really need help! [ 54 Answers ]

Hello all, I am a new member of this community . I had come across this community while looking for the answer to my questions.Well to state my problem... I have become a hapless victim of one sided love.The girl I love is already committed to someone else.I love her passionately... its been a...

Commincation One Sided [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , I have very strange Problem, Yesterday When I come in office I found out my client are not connecting with Server, So I check basic thing, I ping my Server IP ( 192.168.1.90) from client IP( 192.168.1.24) , but request time out than I tried from other computers from lan but still same...

Paradox between one sided loves [ 9 Answers ]

I got a problem... I never got a boyfriend before... Now I love a guy For one yr But he loves sb.. although I know that for 3 months ago... I can't forget him However... He is not a hot guy, but so intelligent ,smart and nice looking.. most imp of all he has leadership which I adore... ...

I was blind-sided [ 4 Answers ]

We'd just returned from our 1-yr anniversary trip when my husband "strongly suggests" I leave town to visit my mother, because he thinks he wants a divorce and wants time apart to "think". I'm shocked, sad, etc... and the date is 12/11/06. I have already RSVP'd to a number of holiday parties, a...

View more questions Search