Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aaii Posts: 91, Reputation: 10

Dec 16, 2007, 07:31 AM
    What do you think of your contact lenses?
    Hey guys

Have you tried any of these lenses?

• Cibavision O2 Optix (Air Optix)
    • Cooperview Proclear Compatibles
    • Johnson & Johnson Acuvue Oasys

I'm currently on the Air Optix monthly lenses and are having a few comfort and dryness problems.

If you have tried more than one of these lenses, how do they compare to each other?

Cheers :)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2007, 08:55 AM
    I wear contact lenses. But, I have no idea as to what kind of lenses they are that you have listed. Are they all soft? Hard? Or, a variety of those two? My lenses are just hard. And, I know that I can't sleep with them in my eyes. Is your question only limited to those types of lenses that you have listed? Thanks!
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2007, 09:06 AM
    I wear oasis, and it's about the same as acuvue 2, so I'm not sure what the huge difference is... I usually don't have trouble with dryness unless I pull 2 - 3 all nighters in a row...

Dec 16, 2007, 09:24 AM
    All the ones I mentioned are soft contact lenses.

I wear oasis, and it's about the same as acuvue 2, so I'm not sure what the huge difference is... I usually don't have trouble with dryness unless I pull 2 - 3 all nighters in a row...
    I'm looking to get the Acuvue Oasys lenses as they apparently offer much more comfort for people who suffer with dry eyes. Have you tried any other lenses except the Oasys?
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2007, 09:29 AM
    Regular acuvue, acuvue 2, oasis, the dailies.

This is my rating in order.

1. acuvue 2 and oasis... they're about the same to me.
    2. dailies. They are VERY comfortable, but sometimes I take them out and throw them away, only to be needing that second pair... which I guess is my fault.
    3. acuvue.

I suffer from minor dry eyes... only when I don't sleep... or due to my allergies, but I suggest going to the opt and asking for a trial pair.

Dec 16, 2007, 09:54 AM
    ISneezeFunny, have you never tried O2 Optix (Air Optix) because those are the ones I am currently wearing and having a few problems with.. my eyes feel dry, like a fan is blowing in my eyes which is why I am thinking of trying out the Oasys lenses.

My only concern with the Oasys lenses is that they are rated at 1-2 week disposable, which will really increase the cost of these lenses. Would it be OK though to keep these lenses for up to a month, if stored and looked after correctly in peroxide solution (currently using Bausch & Lombe Easysept)?
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2007, 09:58 AM
    I've never tried air optix... nor have I even heard of them. Oasis is rated at roughly 2 weeks. There are months when I wear them for 3 weeks without a problem. A month would be pushing it though.

Dec 16, 2007, 10:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny
    oasis is rated at roughly 2 weeks. there are months when I wear them for 3 weeks without a problem. a month would be pushing it though.
    What kind of solution do you use? Also do you experience any discomfort with the lenses after 2 weeks, or experienced any tearing or anything?
    indianacavebat Posts: 6, Reputation: 5

Dec 16, 2007, 11:48 AM
    I currently use O2 Optix and really like them. I have used Acuvue in the past and they made my eyes feel yucky and awful by the end of the day. I have really dry eyes and prefer to wear glasses over contacts. With the O2 Optix, my eyes are much more comfortable and are still pretty good by the end of they day. Solution is also crucial.
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2007, 12:42 PM
    I use optifree. After 3 weeks, I do not experience any dryness or tearing, but I'm sure it's different for every person. If you go to your optometrist, I am almost positive that they will give you a trial pair to try out for a week or so.

Dec 16, 2007, 02:58 PM
    Optifree hmm can't say I've heard of it will look into it though.

I've been using peroxide solutions... currently using Bausch & Lombe Easysept it seems pretty good.

Just looked into the Optifree and seems it has some special properties that will keep more moisture on the lens?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Headaches due to contact lenses [ 11 Answers ]

I've had really bad headaches for the past 2 months. I tried everything to ease the tension but couldn't find the root of the problem. Finally I realized that I've been wearing my contacts 7 days a week for more than 10 hours a day. So, I've cut back on wearing contacts. I take them off as soon...

Colored contact lenses too small? [ 3 Answers ]

OK, so I have been wearing clear contact lenses for awhile now, and have been having no problems what so ever with clear contact lenses. Recently I switched to a freshlook green colorblends prescriptioned pair. And I always clean my hands and my contacts well when putting my contacts in and I...

Contact lenses [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I know this has nothing to do with teens but it's the only thing close enough to the question. I have contact lenses I am having a trial week and the only problem is I find it hard to put the lenses in and take out. I have tried many ways but none seem to work. ANY IDEAS?! :confused:

Contact lenses/sleep [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, (didnt know what to put this question under) I was just wondering if I can nod off with hard contact lenses in?? I am going on my holidays in a week and on the plane I will want to read but I will probably sleep a bit as well. I can't wear my glasses anymore because they are blurry as my...

View more questions Search