Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nunleyone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2007, 11:37 PM
    Washer won't spin
    I purchased a GE washer in the past 6 months and for some reason have had it break down 3 times now. Every time the washer just decides not to do the final spin cycle. In the past repair men have said that the motor is getting worn out. How is it that 2 pairs of pants and 2 t-shirts wear out a motor? Am I being taken by these repair men or is there a design flaw? The loads I have been running are small, not consisting of more than 4-5 articles of clothing, unless it is socks (all never coming more than half way up the basket). Is that considered overloading? I am at my wits end. Should I just give in and buy a better machine? Or is it worth it to keep replacing motors?
    rong866 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2007, 05:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nunleyone
    I purchased a GE washer in the past 6 months and for some reason have had it break down 3 times now. Every time the washer just decides not to do the final spin cycle. In the past repair men have said that the motor is getting worn out. How is it that 2 pairs of pants and 2 t-shirts wear out a motor? ? ? Am I being taken by these repair men or is there a design flaw? The loads I have been running are small, not consisting of more than 4-5 articles of clothing, unless it is socks (all never coming more than half way up the basket). Is that considered overloading? I am at my wits end. Should I just give in and buy a better machine? Or is it worth it to keep replacing motors?
    I have a whirl pool gold washer and it is a piece,won't spin started 3 days after I bought it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why doesn't my washer spin [ 2 Answers ]

My washer will fill and aggitate but will not spin . What could the problem be?

GE Washer won't spin [ 1 Answers ]

Sorry for the wrong title - I did some additional test and apparently my original thought is wrong... The model # is WNSE4200A0WW. I took off the cabinet and it is a belt-drive model. The belt feels fine. The motor is running and the belt is working, then within a minute, there are loud noise...

View more questions Search