Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tamski Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2007, 10:24 PM
    Wireless routers
    My friends partner has bought her a wireless router for her for her home,he set it up through his laptop, when he is not there she can not get online without him being there with his laptop,(he does not live there), he has also put a password in without telling her what it is, how can she get round this and also block him from accessing all info? :confused:
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2007, 11:07 PM
    It would help if you put the brand and model of router

But there should be a small hole with a switch

You push while booting to reset your router

This should set it back to factory settings

ENTER user id : admin

ENTER password : admin or leave blank

How to Reset a Router Back to the Factory Default Settings | eHow.com

Please let me know if this answers your question

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Routers and DSL [ 4 Answers ]

My default gateway is 10.0.1.1 at home. It's still a private address. DHCP addresses are low numbers (2 computers and a radio) with yearly leases and the fixed IP addresses for printers are high numbers. I can't get to my DSL modem because I am operating in Bridge mode. If anybody can explain...

Wireless Routers [ 7 Answers ]

Im trying to find the best type of wirless routers and there price. Is there a site that reviews them simply? And easily? Or can someone recommend the brand worth getting. We need it to go through out our house. I already have broadband internet, however I want it so others in the house can...

Is there a difference in routers? [ 4 Answers ]

We have just signed up for DSL and the router came today... We have our own router that we have been using... do I have to hook up their router? Is there a difference in cable routers and DSL routers?

Using routers as switches? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm about to build a network of nearly 15 computers and a server for the company I work for. Because of the locations of these computers in the building, I'll need to use 4 switches to get them all hooked up. I was wondering if it is possible to use routers instead of switches and if there...

Wireless Routers - Complete Novice Here! [ 24 Answers ]

Hi :) All this new technology gives me brain ache! So I would really appreciate the help of someone who understands about wireless routers and networks as I know practically nothing. Our main computer is a Sony Vaio laptop with XP professional, service pack 2. This computer belongs to work...

View more questions Search