Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shocka2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2007, 11:11 AM
    Kitchen drains running outside
    My kitchen drains,seem to be running outside I guess from the overflow drain into the yard... can I use a drain cleaner or do I need a plumber ?
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2007, 07:13 AM
    First things first.

Can you plunge the system?

Can you use a snake to find the clog?

Can you gat a maintenance person to look at the p-trap and clean-out first?

Then look for the plumber, this could be a small matter, or it could be a huge one, all depends on a few items like above.

KBC

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen drains gurgle, overflow in basement [ 2 Answers ]

I have a recurring problem with my drains. When there's high flow to the drains (clothes washer and kitchen sink both draining) the basement floor drain will overflow, flooding my basement. We suspect the system in not venting properly, because the kitchen sink drains very slowly, then...

Washer drains, toliets and bathtubs back up water running under the house [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: HI I hope someone out there can help me, Yesterday I noticed the toilet in the master bathroom gurgling . Didn't pay too much attention to it because it was working fine. Later I found out that was not the case, I took the plunger to it and that didn't seem to help either. I checked the...

Drains smell from all drains in house - specifically kitchen [ 7 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me before I call in the professionals, as I like to try and deal with things myself. I've just moved into a new house and it has some bad drain smells. Primarily, but not exclusively these are emanating from the kitchen. They don't smell...

Kitchen Sink with two horizontal drains [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Bought a house recently. Kitchen sink a mess. I have never seen a kitchen sink with two drains; one per basket. Each basket has a tailpiece and P-trap that goes to the horizontal drain pipe. I hooked up my new sink the way the old one was and I am having a lot of trouble. I can...

Kitchen sinks drains to shower tub [ 3 Answers ]

Help! I'm a first time home owner with an Eichler built on concrete slab from the 1950s in Northern Cal. My kitchen sink is draining into my shower tub up through the drain. The shower then takes *hours* to slowly drain away. Meaning we can't wash dishes or us! Bathroom sink and toilet drain...

View more questions Search