Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maddhatter Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2005, 11:21 PM
    Homework
    All of the following are examples of the kinds of objects Howard Carter found in King Tut's tomb EXCEPT:

A- Caskets
    B- Gold couches
    C- Preserved food
    D- Life sized statues of a king
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 21, 2005, 01:07 AM
    The answer is C. Howard Carter found everything else mentioned in King Tut's tomb, except "Preserved food".
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2005, 04:38 AM
    Actually, containers of food and wine were found.

There were various funeral couches found, but I'm not sure they were of gold.

Read more here: http://magma.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0506/feature1/
    maddhatter Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2005, 11:10 AM
    Help
    In my book it says the body of the 18 year old "King Tut" had been placed in a solid gold coffin, nested within richly decorated outer coffins. Today, the dazzling array of objects found in the tomb fills several rooms in the Egyptian Museum in Cairo. They include chairots, weapons, furniture, jewelry, toys, games, and food. I don't see any where it saying something about the life-sized statues of a king!! I don't know if somebody could give me some proof. Thanks
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2005, 11:16 AM
    I'm thinking you're right. Life sized statue is not mentioned in the National Geographic page either.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 21, 2005, 07:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rickj
    Actually, containers of food and wine were found.

There were various funeral couches found, but I'm not sure they were of gold.

Read more here: http://magma.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0506/feature1/
    Howard Carter found a light-filled, translucent alabaster cups; elegant furniture of rare woods, dazzling jewelry, marvelous gold sculptures showing Tutankhamen as a child, as a sports-loving king, and, finally, as a buried god-king. He's also found several royal thrones, alabaster vases, chests, a dazzling gold shrine whose panels show Tutankhamen's affectionate domestic life, pieces of four chariots, and two life-size sentinel statues of Tutankhamen, which guarded the burial chamber. As for food, they only mentioned finding a red wine jar covered with redsidue found in the tomb of King Tut, I don't know if that's considered food.
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2005, 04:44 AM
    From National Geographic:

"...Tut was also buried with everyday things he'd want in the afterlife: board games, a bronze razor, linen undergarments, cases of food and wine."
    Telulah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2009, 04:21 PM

I had this question as well. The correct answer is C. Preserved food.

It is hard to believe this is the answer considering the one paragraph in the World History book reads this: "The body of the 18-year-old "King Tut" had been placed in a solid-gold coffin, nested within richly decorated outer coffins. Today, the dazzling array of objects found in the tomb fills serveral rooms in the Egyptian Museum in Cairo. They include chariots, weapons, furniture, jewelry, toys, games, and food."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

More homework [ 4 Answers ]

Several years ago, Castles in the Sand, Inc. issued bonds at face value at a yield to maturity of 7 percent. Now, with 8 years left until the maturity of the bonds, the company has run into hard times and the yield to maturity on the bonds has increased to 15 percent. What has happened to the price...

Homework help [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am at my wit's end with my 9 year old daughter. I can not get her to work on her homework or to help around the house. She is addicted to MSN, and Iwill not allow her to use the computer until she is done her homework/chores. This is not working though,she will just sit in her roomand...

Homework help [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me out with this journal entry please.. Please calculate the proper amount for each adjusting entry as of 12/31/2005 and write the correct journal entry for each of the scenarios shown below for Smith and Waters, Inc. Payroll pay period is calculated on a Thursday to...

View more questions Search