Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tuxedo123 Posts: 73, Reputation: 2

Dec 15, 2007, 07:54 AM
    A career website
    Hi! Does anybody know a web site that has careers that you can actually observe the people doing your job that you want to be? (If that even made sense.):o

Like a web site that shows you I guess how to do your job or what you have to do in your job.:confused:
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2007, 08:00 AM
    What kind of job is it that you are asking about?
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2007, 08:03 AM
    I know that you are looking at your question right now. Please answer since I would like to help you. Thank you!
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2007, 08:14 AM
    Okay. So, now I can see that you are offline from this site. Without knowing the specific type of job about which you are inquiring, I would suggest that you do a Google search for Job Descriptions with the name of the type of job beside those words about which you would like information. For instance, below is the link for the Google search for just Job Descriptions. There is a lot of information on the various sites on that search concerning what a person has to do in various jobs.

Job Descriptions - Google Search

Dec 15, 2007, 11:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Okay. So, now I can see that you are offline from this site. Without knowing the specific type of job about which you are inquiring, I would suggest that you do a Google search for Job Descriptions with the name of the type of job beside those words about which you would like information. For instance, below is the link for the Google search for just Job Descriptions. There is a lot of information on the various sites on that search concerning what a person has to do in various jobs.

Job Descriptions - Google Search
    Oh sorry about being offline and all I had to go some where. Anyway the person I want to be or the career I want to pursue would be a comic artist or you could say a Manga-ka, which is someone who want's to draw manga comics.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 15, 2007, 11:38 AM
    That's a hot job right now. Everybody wants to be a manga artist.

I know you said you wanted something online to watch. What about job-shadowing someone in real life? A graphics artist would fill the bill. Where (generally) do you live?

Dec 15, 2007, 11:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    That's a hot job right now. Everybody wants to be a manga artist.

I know you said you wanted something online to watch. What about job-shadowing someone in real life? A graphics artist would fill the bill. Where (generally) do you live?
    In North Carolina. What is job shadowing?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 15, 2007, 11:57 AM
    NC - YAY! I was born in Kinston and grew up in Taylorsville. I'm a Tar Heel too.

Job shadowing is following a certain employee for a day or even a week or two to see what he does as part of his job. I work as a cataloger in a library and have been shadowed by high schoolers who are thinking about a library career or by adults who want to switch careers. I usually put them to work doing various parts of my job so they can get a real feel for what cataloging entails.

You'd have to find a manga artist in your area, contact him or her, and get permission to hang out with him/her while at work on manga art.

Everything these days seems to be on the Internet, so I went to YouTube and put "manga artist" in the search box. I got this nifty video (with a musical background! ) and with others recommended along the side of the video box.

YouTube - Manga Artist @ Work - Sketch
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 15, 2007, 12:09 PM
    Here's another one with the artist commenting as he draws:

YouTube - How To Draw A Manga/Anime Girl (With Spoken Explanation)

Dec 15, 2007, 12:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    NC - YAY! I was born in Kinston and grew up in Taylorsville. I'm a Tar Heel too.

Job shadowing is following a certain employee for a day or even a week or two to see what he does as part of his job. I work as a cataloger in a library and have been shadowed by high schoolers who are thinking about a library career or by adults who want to switch careers. I usually put them to work doing various parts of my job so they can get a real feel for what cataloging entails.

You'd have to find a manga artist in your area, contact him or her, and get permission to hang out with him/her while at work on manga art.

Everything these days seems to be on the Internet, so I went to YouTube and put "manga artist" in the search box. I got this nifty video (with a musical background!!) and with others recommended along the side of the video box.

YouTube - Manga Artist @ Work - Sketch
    OH MY GOSH! THANKYOUx100 this helped me so much and it was exactly what I was looking for! Thank you! You are very kind to. And some of my family lives in Taylorsville as well! Though they just come to where I live we don't really go there.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 15, 2007, 12:24 PM
    YouTube is amazing! I just found an ancient film on being a librarian (what I am).

YouTube - Your Life Work: The Librarian

There are also other videos, including a librarian yelling at a patron.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Different career [ 10 Answers ]

What different between a physician or licensed nurse?

My career [ 4 Answers ]

My desire is to have my own clothing line and to be a great example to young women to feel great about themselves and still maintain an image that us young women are suppose to maintain... I draw sketches of my ideas on paper and I kind of know how to sew but I want a company with people working...

Regarding my career [ 3 Answers ]

Dear sir, I completed my bachelor in electronics and communications engineering in August 2003 from VTU, karnataka,India. My result is graded as first division with 60.325%. I am a Nepalese and in nepal right now.I want to study masters in the field related to my subject in a developed...

Career [ 2 Answers ]

I'm planning to go abroad for further studies in Computer Science, where as my uncle wants me to go abroad to get a commercial pilots license. What will happen, will I go abroad? If so which course would I pursue?

Career help [ 3 Answers ]

I'm working as a support executive. I want to know how is the career growth in this field. Please reply

View more questions Search