Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Phoenix25 Posts: 203, Reputation: 5

Dec 14, 2007, 09:54 PM
    Will iodine work
    I am taking Liquid Kelp it seems to be helping my hair it is so nice it feels sooooo much better than it did before (I think I have a iodine defitioncy that's why I am taking it) but what I want to know is will it help me lose the weight I have gained from having a iodine defitioncy?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2007, 10:20 PM
    What makes you think that you have an iodine deficiency? Kelp is very high in iodine and If you use salt that has iodine in it then you should have plenty of iodine. Too much iodine can mess up your thyroid.

Adults need about 150 mcg per day

Kelp contains 620 mcg/g, about eight times the iodine content of iodized salt

So if anything you are getting T00 much iodine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Iodine Numbers [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone out there know how to calculate iodine numbers? :eek: If so please explain it to me like I was a two year old, then maybe I might get it! The data I have is: The weight of the fat sample in grams Amount of thiosulphate required in ml Blank-fat source titration value in ml Doe...

Iodine clock reaction [ 2 Answers ]

How does the starch work in the clock reaction experiment?

Iodine and pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

I am 6 1/2 weeks pregnant. I know I should be taking tablets with the complete range of vitamins and minerals needed. But I have tried 2 brands and cannot take thm due to size, even if I crush them (I know its mostly psychological) I am under the impression that folate is the most important. I...

View more questions Search