Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jpalis Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2005, 06:01 PM
    Accounting Final Exam Help Please
    Here is a long one: This is due tomorrow and I really need to pass this class if anyone can help me I would appreciate it. Thank you

State the section(s) of the statement of cash flows prepared by the indirect method (operating activies, investing activities, financing activies, or not reported) and the amount that would be reported for each of the following transactions:

a) Receied $145,000 from the sale of land costing $70,000.

b) Purchased investments for $50,000.

c) Declared $35,000 cash divendeds on stock. $5,000 divendends were payale at the beginning of the year, and $6000 were payable at the end of the year.

d) Acquired equipment for $32,000 cash.

e) Declared and issued 100 shares of $20 par common stock as a stock dividend, when the market price of the stock was $32 a share.

f) Recognized by an adjusting entry depreciation for the year, $48,000.

g) Issued 85,000 shares of $10 par common stock for $25 a share, receiving cash.

h) Issued $500,000 of 20-year, 10% bonds payable at 99.

I) Borrowed $43,000 from Busey National Bank, issuing a 5-year, 8% note for that amount.

Thank you for all your help..
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2005, 06:17 PM
    My quick answer are these: Although I am not 100% sure about some of them. Look them over, see if they seem right or not and make your own judgement if I am right or not.

a) Investing, Land 70K, Gain 70K

b) Financing - 50K

c) Financing

d) Investing - 32K

e) Not reported (it is not a Cash Flor item)

f) Operating - 48K (you must add back depreciation since it is a non CF item)

g) Financing - 2,125,000

h) Financing - 495K

I) Financing - 43,000
    jpalis Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2005, 06:22 PM
    Thank you so much I really appreciate it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accounting Final Exam Help Please [ 11 Answers ]

I have another one thank you for those that are helping me. Revenue and expense data for Malden Company are as follows: 2006 2005Adminstrative expenses $37,000 ...

Just got back from an exam [ 19 Answers ]

I just got back from getting an exam well, I don't know anymore then I did before, but now I have a sore cervix to boot. She said I have a very anterioral tilted uterus and it took her forever to get it, and then she said she had no idea why I didn't start. She then checked my uterus and said that...

Pelvic exam [ 6 Answers ]

Bah, this sounds like a stupid concern, but I don't know, it bugs the hell out of me. My girlfriend is (most likely) about to go on birth control, which means she's going to be having her first pelvic exam. And from what little I know of it, it's a... stretch... in most cases, so I guess my worry...

Exam question [ 1 Answers ]

Sunshades Awnings had the following purchases and sales during the fourth quarter of 2005. Beginning inventory as of 9/30/05 was $0 on hand. Purchase DatePurchase Qty Unit/Cost Sale DateSale Qty Price/Unit 10/10/05 100 $2.00 10/2/05 450 ...

Accounting Final Exam Help Please [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me with this by tomorrow. Thank you A summary of the time tickets for August follows: Description Amount Description Amount Job # 321 $11,000 Job #342 $8,300 Job # 329 8,2 00 Job # 346 ...

View more questions Search