Ask
    hulagirl6969 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Dec 14, 2007, 07:30 PM
    Sub claims?
    Can anyone tell me what a sub claim is? Thank you:confused: :confused:
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2007, 05:46 AM
    The following answer was done by tickle, who is also a member of this site. The answer is excellent!

It is on the following link: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/reading...ims-95844.html

The sub-claims are the main points, usually found at the beginning of each paragraph in what many students think of as the topic sentence position, that support your thesis statement. You might think of the sub-claims as mini claims which function similarly to the thesis statement, but on a smaller scale. Sub-claims must be debatable, should connect to and develop the main point of the paper, and preview what is to come in the following paragraph.

Once you have developed your thesis statement, try to formulate your major sub-claims, preferably in sentence form. Your thesis statement and your subclaims will give you a rough outline of your essay.
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2007, 05:49 AM
    The answer below is also from another thread on our site here. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/online...im-107730.html

There are also some examples of sub-claims on the following site:

http://schiefelbein87.tripod.com/id36.html

What is below is from the following site: University of Virginia Writing Program

Quote:
    Claim and Sub-claims

The most important claim your paper makes will be your thesis statement or problem statement. This is your main point for the entire essay, so it must be substantial and debatable. For more information about how to write the thesis statement, refer to How to ask a Question and Introductions.

The sub-claims are the main points,usually found at the beginning of each paragraph in what many students think of as the topic sentence position, that support your thesis statement. You might think of the sub-claims as mini claims which function similarly to the thesis statement, but on a smaller scale. Sub-claims must be debatable, should connect to and develop the main point of the paper, and preview what is to come in the following paragraph.
    hulagirl6969 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Dec 15, 2007, 08:13 AM
    Thank you so much for your help. I truly appreciate it. You have explained it in a way that is very easy for me to understand. Thank you!!

Francine
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2007, 08:28 AM
    Thank you for your agreeing with a positive rating, hulagirl6969! That was a breath of fresh air for me! I have been hit with several disagrees almost in a row where the people did not know how to use this site properly.

If you would like to see a thesis project on this site that is currently in progress, please click on the following link.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/writin...is-155378.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sub claims [ 3 Answers ]

What are sub claims in a thesis?

Small claims [ 2 Answers ]

I have the name of a person who has since been married and moved to Quebec How can I find out her married name and address for my small claims papers to serve her and do I use her married name even if the contract was in her maiden name?

Thesis and sub claims [ 1 Answers ]

When writing a essay, and it ask for three to five subclaims after your thesis. What does that mean?

Small claims [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know if there is a statue of limitations as far as small claims is concerned? From 2002 to 2006 off and on I was sending my now ex boyfriend money to stay in a hotel and supposedly money for us a place. I was to join him. But that did not happen. So is it to late to file? I can prove the...

View more questions Search