Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2007, 11:16 AM
    Pop ups OK
    I switched it to pop ups OK because I can't click on anything... (links) unless I press the shift button first.
    That is my first problem
    I can't click on manage attachments either if I want to load a picture on here, it makes a sound when I click but never follows through...
    Third problem is when I X out of anything a square comes up out of nowhere reading,
    Internet browser has encountered a problem and needs to close... ohhh I tell you what, then it says after I say Don't send error report,
    WITH A BIG RED CIRCLE and a black X... The instruction "0x7c9105f8" reference memory at "0x01610010". The memory could not be "read" Click on the OK to terminate the program... I have to click two times though...
    I click and everything goes away.
    Please help, if youneed more info I will see what my little computer brain can come up with Arrrggg!
    Thanks guys in advance!
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Dec 16, 2007, 11:28 AM
    First, you need to be more explicit when asking questions so people can help you... specify operating system (Windows 98, Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows Vista, Mac OS 10, etc.), also which browser you're using. Saying you switched "it" to pop ups OK doesn't tell us what "it" is.

The address in the message and its text suggests you're using Internet Explorer. Others who have gotten the same message have fixed it by going into IE Add Ons and disabling all Browser Helpers. If you're on Windows XP SP2, go to the Manage Add Ons dialog box.

You should also consider doing the following since it's possible you've been infected with malware:

1. Switch to FireFox for everyday browsing. You're less likely to get infected by malware this way. It's free and you can download it at:

Mozilla | Firefox web browser & Thunderbird email client

2. Run an antivirus program; a good free one is AVG which you can download at:

AVG Free Advisor - Free antivirus and anti-spyware downloads

3. Run adware/spware software at least once a week; I recommend both Spybot S&D and AdAware (they tend to catch different things); both are free at:

The home of Spybot-S&D!

Ad-Aware @ Lavasoft - The Original Anti-Spyware Company - Lavasoft

4. Run Windows Update from the Start menu at least once a week

If you do all these things, you'll greatly reduce the probability of future problems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search