Ask
    pletchlvs07 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2007, 06:06 AM
    Mirena IUD
    Can I get pregnant on the Mirena IUD?
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2007, 06:45 AM
    Highly unlikely, but still possible. It's a good idea to test yourself periodically.
    holly88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2010, 08:47 PM

I had an IUD in for over 2 years and when me and my husband had sex he went inside of me the whole 2 years and I never got pregnant. Doctors tell you that yes there is the risk of getting pregnant with it, but like my OB told me, the chances of getting pregnant with the Mirena is like getting hit with an asteroid. Yes, it is better to test yourself every other month though!! I hope this helps.
    madienpink Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2010, 01:40 PM
    I personally have had three friends who get pregnant on this. One they had to remove the baby because it was attached to it's head. And the other two didn't have any problems they just had to get an ultra sound once a week to make sure it didn't attach to the infant
    kinleighsmommy Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2011, 11:39 AM
    Comment on madienpink's post
    Omg I am so worried now!! I have a motherly instinct I am pregnant right now and I have the mirena, I am getting a test tonight!! T

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is any one on Mirena birth control [ 3 Answers ]

I am using Mirena, the IUD and I can't lose weight easily , what have you heard?

Am I pregnant with the Mirena IUD? [ 40 Answers ]

Ok this is my short story to help you understand what I'm trying to ask. I am 23 years old. I have 3 children 1 passed away due to SIDS. My husband and I decided for me to get an IUD. It has been in for a year now. I have had normal periods until now. Lately I spot a brown colored blood for a day...

Questions about Mirena [ 1 Answers ]

I just got my Mirena inserted on Tuesday. Things have been pretty uneventful so far, but earlier today I passed a piece of tissue. It wasn't blood tinged or anything, it was flesh (light brown) color. Is this normal?

Mirena! Birth control [ 13 Answers ]

I got Mirena back in October, or November. Anyway, Since I had it put in, I spot for like 2 weeks every month. The have a heavy period. This is every month. Then all of a sudden, this month... No period. No cramps, no spotting, no bleeding... nothing... is this normal??

Weight gain with Mirena [ 1 Answers ]

I had a Mirena IUD inserted on Friday. By Sunday, the scales had gone up 6 pounds. I feel bloated and believe that it is due mostly to water retention. I just had a DepoProvera shot 1 month ago so it is still effective for 2 more months. I have read both that Mirena will cause weight gain and...

View more questions Search