Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dudette333 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2007, 06:04 PM
    Tips for dying already dyed red hair brown again.
    My natural hair color is sort of an ashy brown... but I do have some red tint to it. I have been dying my hair red for a few years now and have decided that I would like to dye it brown again, does anyone know the easiest way to get this done WITHOUT going to a stylist?
    --I did try once before to dye it brown... a REALLY dark brown and it looked OK.. almost black for a few days, but after the first couple of times I washed it... with that brunette shampoo I might add lol, it turned red again. Almost like the permanent color just washed right out. It really irritated me so I figured I would see if anyone had experienced this dillemma before? Thanks so much for any help!:)
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 13, 2007, 07:23 PM
    I recommend that you apply a deep conditioning treatment before re-coloring your hair. This will help grab and maintain the color. When coloring your hair, use a permanent hair color in ash brown or regular brown.

Dec 13, 2007, 08:49 PM
    Well, the problem is every time I do color my hair... since I have done it for awhile... I condition it the night before so it will adhere better. Lol. Thanks though... I had talked to my mom also and she said try an ashier color.. which is what I was going to do anyway! Lol so it sounds like that's the popular answer around here. I'm just so worried I'm going to do it for nothing you know?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 13, 2007, 09:15 PM
    Another option is to use your desired color with 10-volume peroxide developer. Mix the hair color and peroxide developer in equal parts and then apply it evenly throughout your hair. Leave the hair color mixture on your hair for 35 to 45 minutes then rinse it out. You will find separate hair coloring products and developers at a beauty supply store.

Dec 13, 2007, 10:26 PM
    Thanks!! I guess we will see how it goes and hopefully I will have good news!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black hair, dyed brown, how can I dye it ash brown? [ 19 Answers ]

Hi I have naturally very dark brown hair, its pretty much black. I have been dying it black for the past two years. Today I bleached it and then dyed it "light ash brown". Obviously it didn't come out "ash" at all it more like a golden brown. My hair is actually still very healthy after...

Already dyed hair (brown/orange) trying to turn it into a gold brown [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I dyed my hair last month opting for a nice brown that would show up a golden brown in the sun. However, it turned out a bit orange. The orange is not as strong as before. Probably because the color faded after washing my hair so many times. So my big dilemma is that I want to stay in the same...

Dying my dark brown hair light brown. [ 5 Answers ]

I'd like some advice on dying my dark brown hair light brown. I dyed it myself few years ago a light ash brown and it turned red :eek: After that I had my hair stylist put blonde high lights in it to cover gray. Now that the highlights aren't covering the gray, I'd like to dye my hair light brown....

Dyed Hair Black, Left with Brown Spots [ 3 Answers ]

All right, so I had dark blonde hair in the first place. Then I dyed it black with a permanent dye . Once I had finished dying it, and it had dried, I found that I now have brown areas left in my hair. I am going to dye it again to cover these spots, but when will it be all right to do so?...

Dying dyed hair to blonde [ 3 Answers ]

My hair colour is a naturally a very light blonde anyway but like a fool I chopped it all of and dyed it dark brown! Its been a about 4 months and the colour has faded out quite allot and I have had a few highlights but I am still not happy with the colour. I am determined to have my hair blonde...

View more questions Search