Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bionical Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2007, 05:17 PM
    Ionized Trace Minerals
    Hello,

I am contemplating taking an Ionized Trace Mineral supplement. It was recommended by the person working in the health care section of a local health food store.

After reading the ingredients I thought I should question some of them. These include: Thallium Fluorine, Mercury, Chlorine, Thorium, Barium and Aluminum. There are also other minerals that I have doubts about but feel it would take up too much of anyone's time to read.

Why are these ingredients included in the bottle? What benefit is it for anyone to ingest these known poisons?

Sincerely
    Bionical
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2007, 07:46 PM
    That doesn't sound good at all. Mercury and aluminum attack your central nervous system.
    I don't know what the others are but if they are anything like mercury and aluminum
    I wouldn't take that. I am surprised a health food store would even sell anything like that.
    Mineral Rich is a good mineral product and there are other quality ones that do not include toxic minerals. I would tell them about that and hopefully they quit selling it.
    Santi Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Dec 15, 2007, 08:30 PM
    Your body needs every single mineral in that bottle. The problem is that the body only needs a fraction of what we are exposed to in some instances. Mercury, for example is needed only in minute, trace amounts, but because this element, as well as several others are present now in drinking water, fish, etc. in high amounts, it has created a problem of heavy metal toxicity.

It is a great idea to take trace minerals, especially if you drink filtered water, as that can pull minerals out of our already de-mineralized bodies. However, I would recommend doing a heavy metal cleanse before adding a mineral supplement that contains elements that your body may already be experiencing an overload on. Natural cellular defense zeolite is incredible at pulling toxins out of the body.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2007, 08:37 PM
    With all the mercury, aluminum and so forth in water, fillings, shots, baked goods, foods, deodorants, environmental factors and so forth I don't see how we NEED to purposely put more into our system. Too much can lead to CNS damage and alzheimers just to name a couple.
    I agree with the detox to get old excesses out.

Also personally I prefer to take my vitamins and minerals individually or in combinations throughout the day because some counteract others while some synergize each other.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2007, 02:06 PM
    Sorry to disagree with some folks, but health foods store sell items... to make sales... not necessarily bad for you, but not necessarily needed. If you eat healthy, and exercise, and eat a normal, well balanced diet, with a supplement of vitamins and minerals, you'll be Ok, along with exercise.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2007, 05:11 PM
    I am a chemist. It sounds like junk science marketing hype to me. Most compounds of those metals are either ionized any time water is present or too insoluble to be available. I don't know if the body needs a trace of barium. I do know very much soluble barium is toxic. Yet barium sulfate is the chalky white stuff they have you drink before X-raying your stomach. It won't ionize in the body. Yet barium chloride is always ionized in the body.

I don't know that much about trace minerals, but I know marketing hype when I see it. I also don't trust those I catch making phony claims.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Clearing Water Heater Of Minerals [ 14 Answers ]

GREAT SITE! GREAT MEMBERS! Long time lurker, first time poster. I've searched but can't find - I have read the following will dissolve lime and calcium; CLR(tm) Lime-a-way(tm) Toilet bowl cleaner vinegar I'm willing to try all before shelling out $300+ for a new natural gas water...

Trace IP [ 12 Answers ]

Is there such thing as an app that traces an IP to a physical location? You know... like in the movies? I've tried a few that get it down to the city, but no further. Is there such a thing? Thanks!

Trying to trace a friend [ 9 Answers ]

Does anyone know the whereabouts of Jenny (née) Cheadle who lived in Gunnislake, Cornwall, in the early 1970s and earlier? We were both students in the French department at the University of Bristol from 1969 to 1972. She married soon after graduating and may have taken her husband's surname (which...

Have anyone used bare minerals [ 9 Answers ]

Have any 1 use bare minerals or know someone who did?. Can you please let me know... if you did or some else and ti really help to impove your skin. It's a make_up.

View more questions Search