What is an easy credit card to get?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 13, 2007, 02:03 PM
    One that sends you a pre-approved application
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 13, 2007, 08:00 PM
    Capitol One, they are on the watch list of many consumer groups because of their practice.
    But then they may give you one if on one else will.

With that said, if you have bad credit, the last thing you need is a credit card. What you may want is a bank debit card, or a prepaid card like you can get at walmart where you have a card issued but only have the money avialble that you load on it
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 14, 2007, 06:46 AM
    Comments on this post victor7762 disagrees: I was only looking for the best shot at a credit card not one that is pre-approved

First, may I call your attention to the guidelines for using the comments feature found here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/feedba...ure-24951.html

I don't know about you, but almost daily I get applications for pre-approved cards. Since they are pre-approved they would be the easiest to get. So my answer was very accurate and your rating inappropriate.
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Dec 14, 2007, 07:22 AM
    However, you may get pre-approved ones in the mail that you aren't actually approved for. So, watch how many you apply for.. it will make your credit score go down.

Capital One is known for it's bad practices, but it helped save my credit. I started getting credit cards at 18, maxed them out... got charge-off's put on my credit by 20. Ten years later... everything paid and pretty good credit.

If you are trying to start credit... maybe a retail store would do the trick, but don't go overboard with it. Watch your limits! If you are trying to rebuild your credit, CapitalOne was good to me... still have it.. Just pay it OFF (not the minimum payment) every month!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit cards [ 1 Answers ]

Originally Posted by ludermae Help me out here, I'm thinking about selling my property to my son to pay off credit cards that have a judgement against me. My son is very trustworthy. I trust him 100%. I'm just trying to figure out a way to get out from under the judgements. I have no job, so I...

Credit Cards [ 15 Answers ]

Hello, I am wondering, I purchased two website's over the internet by a business out of Tempe, Arizona, two Days later they called convicing me to buy advertising for these websites. Well, I did and it cost me $6,500.00 for this advertising program later to figure out they are scammers. I...

Credit cards [ 5 Answers ]

My husband's grandmother is deceased. Credit card is closed but the credit card company is asking to pay $265. My husband is on his grandmother's credit card. Can the credit card company file action against my husband if he does not pay the amount due?

Credit cards [ 18 Answers ]

My friend used her parents credit card after they had been deceased. When somebody called her house to speak with them a relative told the company they were desceased. Now the company is calling and wants a death certificate sent. What can she do to not get in trouble over this. Ignore the...

Credit cards [ 7 Answers ]

What is the easiest way to close credit cards? I have three credit cards and now, it is eating up half my salary and I struggle to pay the minimum balance too. I agree I should not have taken it in the first place, but now that I have, I am seeking advise to close it. Please advice

View more questions Search