Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CHERIE_LABAT Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2007, 11:34 AM
    Can you be held liable for land rent with no agreement
    Can someone hold your property for failure to pay rent when there was never no type of agreement? What happened is I evicted someone out of a mobile home. The girl lives with property owner and was using my mobile home for storage. Well the property owner said he would let me rent the land and leave the mobile home for $150. I told him fine I would pay that at the 5th every month. Well a week later I contacted him about getting water turned on and he said he changed his mind and I needed to just move the trailer. He never gave a time frame or never said I want this amount until you move it or anything. Now he says he wants the $150. A month. Can he do that? I can see paying for the home being on his property but I don't think its right to pay the original amount, when he backed out. I paid to set up his property for this home so he already gets free utilities and septic tank.
    tiffanyinflorida Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Dec 22, 2007, 01:31 PM
    A verbal agreement is called an implied agreement and can definantly be enforceable in court.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 22, 2007, 01:34 PM
    Yes, you can force him to rent to you for one month, he can give you notice to more with a 30 day notice, since again there is no written agreement.

Note, if you are spending a lot of money get it in writing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Roommate leaving- is a verbal agreement for the time she will pay rent binding in OHIO [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Ohio. My husband and I allowed a friend to move in to our house until she got back on her feet. Well, she's on her feet, makes plenty of money, never paid her rent on time, etc... general roommate horrors. Now, we asked her to leave about two weeks ago and that she be out by mid...

Rent unpaid/eviction notice || Verbal agreement woes [ 7 Answers ]

A friend renting my house. We had a verbal agreement of $300.00a month. Yes, It was stupid not to get it in writing and I regret it fully. She moved in in November 2006, paying $1000 as a "security deposit" that was to cover fixing up the house's septic system. No payment was made until march,...

Could my neighbor be held liable due to negligence. [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Could my neighbor be held liable due to negligence if we ask him to trim his tree significantly because this is a tree that has been growing out of control, the branches are very long and numerous to the point that this tree has been leaning over towards our townhouse as time goes by. ...

Land Rent [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is Melissa Last year my husband and I about are first home but we don't own the land it's on . When we first moved in we paid $280 for the land a month that inclued the taxes and the water. Then after a month or so the land went to $310 a month then then to $232.49 and so this has...

View more questions Search