Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stac33 Posts: 115, Reputation: 5

Dec 13, 2007, 10:27 AM
    Man wanting sex only once a week?
    I am having an issue with my husband only wanting sex once a week. We have been together 17 years, but we are still young. Am I expecting too much? Do you think this is normal? He used to act VERY interested every couple of days and I'm not saying he NEVER touches me, but I want more. I wish he did too. I wonder if he is wigged out by my pregnancy?
    Avasean Posts: 85, Reputation: 6

Dec 13, 2007, 10:36 AM
    The fact that you are pregnant might be the reason. It might be because he isn't used to seeing you like that, or it might be because he thinks that if y'all have sex that he will hurt the baby... which is NOT true. Lol

Because you have been married so long, you should have completely open communication lines. You should ask him why he only wants sex once a week. I mean, what could it hurt?
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2007, 11:24 AM
    The initial excitement wears off after two years with that partner according to a recent study. With seventeen years together, it could be very normal for a married couple to have sex once a week. Really, though, what does it matter what is normal... each partner needs to feel his/her needs are being met.

Why not negotiate with your husband about sex?? He wants such and such... you want such and such... get it out on the table then negotiate! I would suggest both of you negotiate in some new sexual experiences(not add partners) to get your motor going.

Have Fun!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 13, 2007, 08:51 PM
    Is this your first after 17 years??
    Stac33 Posts: 115, Reputation: 5

Dec 14, 2007, 10:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Is this your first after 17 years???
    No, we have 2 sons and have been trying for this one for 9 years. We met when we were 17, had our 1st at 18, got married at 19 and had our 2nd at 23. We've been married for 15 years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wanting to get out! [ 3 Answers ]

I currently rent an apartment, and I signed a 1 year lease in July of last year. When I moved in, I called the office because I had no kitchen cabinet door, and was missing a drawer. Also, the dishwasher we were promised never worked. They never did anything about it. The neighborhood is bad, and I...

Wanting to go on with my life [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know how to file for divorce online and how much. There is no chances of me and my husband will work things out

Wanting 2 [ 5 Answers ]

My fiancée and I have been togather for 3 years we are getting married in October and we are wanting to have a baby is there anything I should be doing to prepare myself for trying to get pregnant? We are finically stable and looking to buy a home right now we rent a nice house. I'm only 21 he is...

Guinea pig issue [ 8 Answers ]

I would like your opinion please read and let me know what you think Most of you know me and I am always talking about my guinea pig rescue or my pets or my daughter, well recently, we took part in a huge rescue, I will post the article so if you all wanted to read it you could A seizure of...

Wanting a dog [ 18 Answers ]

Ok so here's my delima. I really want a puppy, my boyfriend doesn't (we were going to get married later this year, things changed) and right now we're expecting twins(I'm 15 weeks or so). We have two cats that are around nine months old. He works nights so he's not home from around ten in the...

View more questions Search