Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JRSYGRL Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2005, 09:12 AM
    File Sharing on a Wireless Network
    Greetings to All!:)
    I am trying to share files amongst 3 computers (one is a laptop). The main computer is connected to the internet directly to a cable modem. The other 2 (laptop & my son's computer) connect to the internet via a wireless connection. All this was setup by someone we paid to come in to set up a wireless network. Alas, I cannot seem to share files or printing.:(

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have no idea where to begin with this :confused:

Thanks in advance!
    achristiantech Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2005, 07:18 PM
    File sharing on a wireless network
    Good article about this at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/814004/.
    Also has seven other articles that you may find useful, including sharing printers. Really, little difference between setting up a wired or wireless network as far as the sharing configuration goes. The only real gotcha is setting up your firewall as a trusted network between your computers, which is rather simple, but sometimes overlooked when setting up a network. Hope this helps.

Another good site for information: http://www.computerhope.com
    Wendy225 Posts: 240, Reputation: 4

Jan 10, 2006, 09:53 PM
    This will solve your problem
    Go to www.networkmagic.com

Download their demo and try it out, 14 days.

It's the best Networking program, I have ever seen, it will work on up to 5 CPUs, wireless or wired or both.

In a few clicks, you can share Printers, files, its an amazing progam, and if you have Aol, I believe it's free.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet sharing on wireless network (ad hoc) [ 3 Answers ]

Hi this is my first post on here and I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have a PC and a laptop both with wireless cards. I've managed to connect the 2 and have good signal. I went into my internet connection settings and clicked the check box "allow others to connect through this...

Virtual PC file sharing... [ 13 Answers ]

I have my virtula PC 2004 internet shared with the host computer, but how can I make files and folder shared with the host PC... :confused:

Sharing files over wireless network [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am new to this forum but I love these things... I have 2 computers--one connected through a modem to comcast cable and then my laptop connected through a linksys wireless set up to this computer. The tower has windows xp with service pack 2 installed and the laptop with windows xp pro and...

Sharing internet connection on wireless network (ad hoc) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi this is my first post on here and I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have a PC and a laptop both with wireless cards. I've managed to connect the 2 and have good signal. I went into my internet connection settings and clicked the check box "allow others to connect through this...

Wireless internet sharing [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I want to set up a wireless LAN that connects two computers. I have a D-Link AirPLus G wireless router that connects to my ADSL modem. A D-Link wireless card on the laptop and a TP-Link wireless card on the desktop. I logged on to internet using my laptop first, and it worked, but then when I...

View more questions Search