Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crushedovernover Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

Dec 13, 2007, 07:10 AM
    Dealing with large amounts of stress
    Currently in a custody battle, 3yr relationship, 1 week afte we split she was in a new relationship-5months now they are engaged. We live in canada her nef fiancé lives in Florida. She wants to move there with my son. The stress that I have gone threw in the past 5 months is incredible. Have not spoken to the ex once, done al threw legal ways. I have controlled my anger but the stress is wieghing me down.. How do I cope.
    creativekw Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2007, 09:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by crushedovernover
    Currently in a custody battle, 3yr relationship, 1 week afte we split she was in a new relationship-5months now they are engaged. We live in canada her nef fiance lives in florida. She wants to move there with my son. The stress that I have gone threw in the past 5 months is incredible. Have not spoken to the ex once, done al threw legal ways. I have controlled my anger but the stress is wieghing me down.. How do i cope.
    I am sorry for your loss. Isn't their a 150 law in place in your state? Usually that gives people the security of knowing that the ex-spouse can not leave with the children any further that 150 miles. Any further has to be agreed upon, by both parties or decided by the court. Having just gone through this, I can assure you that it is not a quick process, but it is worth wild to make every attempt through mediation or with a guardian at liedum to stop this from happening. Fight hard for your children. Good luck to you!
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2007, 10:50 PM
    I hope that you are able to keep your child with you. You're doing all the legal hoops and red tape by yourself. That takes courage, not to mention an enormous amount of time. It can make a person very stressed out.

! Forget talking to her for now. You don't need to go there.
    2. Keep your mind attuned to you, your situation, and the best you can do for the child. Her behavior is an aside.
    3. Talk to others who understand your situation. If you need more people to talk to, you're doing it already.
    4. Take care of your body and its stress, join a gym, take long walks, use a punching bag.
    5. Eat and sleep as normally as you possibly can.
    6. Try to not take your troubles to work. You need to maintain focus and your normal skill level.
    7. Do a few things that take your mind off the immediate issue. Go out with friends, take yourself on a weekend vacation, buy yourself a special gift.
    8. Be very proud of yourself. It is not an easy task that has landed in your lap.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 19, 2007, 09:12 PM
    Hi again Crushed, I know sometimes you feel the weight of the world with the way things have been going on in your life, and this being a time of year that it really gets magnified, but your actions so far have been those of a decent caring human being and father working through a slow process and no help from the fruit loop ex. It will work out, but for now, taking care of you is the priority. Surround yourself with happy people, and show you care for them. Another thing to go along with the list by Simoneaugie, is to volunteer your spare time to a worth while cause or institution, like a church or hospital and raise the spirits of those who have no one. Getting out of self is the best way I have found for holiday stress relief, and feeling down. It's a positive way to spend your time. Trust me everyone here who has followed your story, is on your side and wish you the best. Get out there and make 'em smile.
    crushedovernover Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

Dec 19, 2007, 10:18 PM
    Well I'm training for firefighting and we have to volunteer. I do a lot of fire prevention talks for gradeschool kids. And do events in my city. So I already do the volunteer thing for that, and it does make me feel like I'm doing something worth while. I have great days and down days. I can see it in myself slowly moving on. But it is tuff especially when I had my lawyer ask for xmas and she said no. Im going to get it but I have to go threw the court which in my opinion is just immature on her part. To have to fight in court just to see my boy on christmas is retarded. But yeah, I have my days, this last week has been very rough but revieling things to me that I never saw before. Forward is the direction and the way I'm headed. Ttyl

Cheers Merry Christmas :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What accounts to be used and for what amounts [ 1 Answers ]

Received a shipment of Cruze Faceshields for inventory. All merchandise purchases by Gold Run Snowmobile are recorded net. Invoices s4101 from swift, incorporated shows the list price of the merchandise at 150.00. Cash discounted terms of 1/10, n/30 are offered and the merchandise is shipped FOB...

Feeding amounts [ 1 Answers ]

I have 3 dogs, all puppies and am wondering how much they should eat a day, Gracie is a 10 month old basset hound, Savanna is a 8 month old weimaraner and Bella is a 4 month old miniature dashound any advice would be helpful thanks

Physician prescibing large amounts of vicodin to daughter [ 16 Answers ]

My question is very simple yet I have been unable to find a definitive answer anywhere. I am hoping someone here can help. I personally know a very respected physician who prescribed large amounts(100 tabs of 10/325 vicodin) per month to his daughter. This was done on numerous occasions throughout...

Large Amounts of Charitable Donations [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to help a friend who donated large amounts of small dollar value items to an animal shelter last year. Some were dollar store items, some were larger items like food, medical supplies & small cost equipment. The total value (based on her purchase price) totaled over $6000. How do I...

Dirt amounts [ 1 Answers ]

How much dirt would I need (in yards ) to fill a hole 1ft deep by 10 ft long by 15ft wide

View more questions Search