Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maria06 Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2007, 03:34 AM
    Can aspirin prevent unexplained recurrent miscarriage?
    Help - I don't know what to do. I have had 1 full-term pregnancy and 3 subsequent miscarriages after this all this year. I have been seen at a clinic and all blood tests - clotting, thyroid and auto-antibodies are all normal. They have said go off and try and we are now. However they also suggested taking a low dose aspirin a day if I want as it may or may not help. I am scared not to and scared also to take it. Can anyone help and offer advice. A furthur miscarriage would kill me but I don't want to cause one by taking aspirin.

Help!!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 13, 2007, 04:03 AM
    A low dose aspirin is 80mg and some people take these for blood thinning. Sometimes misunderstandings are made because we don't ask enough questions. If a doctor suggested I take a low dose aspirin under these circumstances and saying it may or may not help, I would start asking questions and really go into the reasons for taking a low dose aspirin. They suggested and left it up to you, but ask some questions and find out exactly why. The help should be forthcoming from your doctor only.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2007, 07:40 AM
    I have heard of this only once before... a family friend was having difficulty getting pregnant, and after many miscarriages, her doctor told her to do just what they told you... and within a few months she got pregnant and was able to carry to full term and had several kids this way... now I'm not saying asprin is the miracle pill and it will get you pregnant. She had some sort of issues with fertility, that the asprin was able to help with.Since I was young and this friend was a friend of my parents, I didn't know all the particulars on the subject, nor her medical background, and I'm obviously not a doctor... you should never go on an asprin regimen without your doctors advice. Since your doctors said you could take it if you wanted, and its alow dose, it would probably be fine, for a short time. I would suggest that you have another visit with your doctor, and ask about all the possibilities, good and bad. Get as well informed on the matter as you can, before taking any actions. If all of yours tests came out normal, that is a good sign. Good luck, and do your research.
    maria06 Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2007, 06:29 AM
    Thanks you guys. He told me that some research suggested that low dose aspirin could prevent miscarriage in those who had had a late miscarriage but that the jury was out about early miscarriages (which I have had). He told me that the evidence was scanty but that it was my decision and that it couldn't hurt. Hmmm don't know.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2007, 08:21 AM
    Good luck with your decision. I hope all works out for the best soon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recurrent thoughts [ 16 Answers ]

I have thought about ending my life for so long I can't remember what life was like before that. I don't know why I feel this way, except to say that I am tired of living. Its not that my life is bad, right now its actually really cool, so I don't get it. Why the hell do I think about killing...

Baby aspirin and miscarriage [ 1 Answers ]

Has anybody got any experience of using this to prevent miscarriage. I will talk to my doc but am interested what people think. There are conflicting things on the net.

Fish oil and aspirin [ 2 Answers ]

Is taking fish oil supplements a day beneficial like aspirin? I am wary because aspirin is hard on the stomach.

View more questions Search