Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PECIE Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2007, 11:41 PM
    Where can I go to find auditions for commercials or sitcoms ?
    Hello I'm a 14 year old boy. & I'm really interested to start acting on Television. Maybe I can start acting on a T.V commercial or maybe as an extra in a movie or in a T.V series. I live on B.C Canada, but I'm not sure on where can I go to get started on this acting career?
    Where can I go on my city where I live to find out more about auditions happening around my community?
    And I don't want to wait until I'm 20 or 21 to get started on acting on T.V.
    I want to begin exposing myself to auditions for T.V roles today. But I'm sort of lost on where to go to find auditions.

Also last year my drama teacher told me that I had some very great acting skills & she gaved me an A+ I was the top student in her class on my school.
    And unfortunately this year I didn't take drama I moved into a new school & for Drama in my new school the classes were all full.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2007, 12:02 AM
    Hello, PECIE!

Have you already spoken with your parents about your desire to act on television?
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2007, 12:13 AM

Why did you just choose to disagree with me? I only asked you a question to find out information in order to help you.
    PECIE Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2007, 12:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough

Why did you just choose to disagree with me? I only asked you a question to find out information in order to help you.
    PECIE writes:
    Sorry, I didn't mean to dissagree with you. Its just that before rating someone they asked that if I found out the answer I was looking for, & since I didn't I guess I kind of click the dissagree botton sorry. Again sorry I didn't mean to totally disagree with you, it was just an accident, sorry Clough.
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2007, 12:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PECIE
    PECIE writes:
    Sorry, I didn't mean to dissagree with you. Its just that before rating someone they asked that if I found out the answer I was looking for, & since I didn't I guess I kinda click the dissagree botton sorry. Again sorry I didn't mean to totally disagree with you, it was just an accident, sorry Clough.
    Okay, fine. Thanks for the explanation. Apology accepted. Just please don't use the rating system to answer questions, okay? Sometimes it takes awhile to get used to how to use this site and also people's ways of answering questions. I am very interested in what your are asking and would like to help you to realistically achieve your goal.

Before we proceed any further, I would appreciate it if you would read my profile so that you know something about me and my experience in the arts that would also include acting. Would you do that, please? And then let me know when you are finished? I would also appreciate it if you would stick around this thread that you started so that we can get something accomplished before I, or maybe even we, need to get to bed. I have to get up early in the morning to play a gig about 100 miles away.

Do you know where to find my profile?
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2007, 01:35 AM
    Okay, I know that you have logged off from this site now. There are places maybe around where you live where you can find information. A local T.V. station is one place. Maybe one of your parents or a friend's parents knows someone who owns a local business who is looking for young actors to be a part of T.V. commercials to advertise the business. There is also information on the following site that you might want to take a look at. Acting Jobs - Explore Talent Canada - auditions, acting, modeling, agencies, casting calls

No matter where you go to audition to be an actor, you are going to need a certain amount of preparation and support behind you in order to go for being an actor, especially if you are young.

My point in asking you questions and discussing things with you is to try to see what kind of experience you already have and what kind of preparation you might need to do as well as helping you to garner the support that you need.

Hopefully, we will be able to discuss those things sometime.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two 90's sitcoms... can't remember name [ 5 Answers ]

First sitcom involves a robot child who I think was a housekeeper. She always wore the same outfit and spoke in a monotone voice. The second sitcom had a girl in it that at anytime she could put her index fingers together to stop time. I know these are vague descriptions. Wish I had more to...

2 commercials [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I hope someone can help me. I'm looking for 2 commercial clips. I do Presentations for Tahitian Noni Juice and could really use these in my training presentation. The first commercial is this guy who has a nice house, nice family, belongs to a country club and he says that he is in...

Television commercials [ 3 Answers ]

Could someone please tell me the name of the product on the TV commercial with the song "Anything you can do I can do better..."? Thank you.

View more questions Search