Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cocostaple Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2007, 10:39 PM
    Irregular Period with strange feeling
    Dear Dr,

I am sorry to disturb you, I have been searching online for the past months in the hope that I could find a solution or at least some clues to my current condition but to no avail.

I would like to describe my condition as much as I could.

I am 25 years old, I started having period in the age of 16 years old and it was not regular where I may have it every two months occasionally until now. Each time I am having 5-7 days of period.

In July 2007, first time in my life that I didn't have period for two months (from May until July), I was so worried where I approached a general doctor. He gave me some pills (I forgot the medicine name, about 7 pills) and asked me to finish it. After the 7 days (each pill a day), I have the feeling like something wants to come out from vaginal part for a few days and the feeling went away when the period came after that.

About two weeks after the period, I did complete medical check up as well as hormone test where I was diagnosed that I have balance hormone level. I have period in August and 23rd September.

Starting from 23rd September 2007, I started to change my diet style (to avoid acne or pimple because I will have acne breakouts each time I take meat or oily or processed food, snack) into raw food or slightly cook where I only take whole fruit, vegetable and nuts and seeds everyday (only maybe once in a week or less, I will take fish,meat or egg). Before 23rd September 2007, I took rice with vegetables and eggs, meat occasionally but very rare. Since then, I didn't have period until today (12nd December 2007).

For the first month of the period absence, I felt the urination urge every night (this only happened when I am lying on bed at night), I need to go to toilet for every half an hour but with little urine coming out each time. ( I did drink a lot since years ago and it has become my habit, about 3 litres a day and will have urination every hour).

For the second month until now, the condition became worse, I have the feeling like something wants to come out from vaginal part just like what happened in July as I described in the above paragraph but with stronger feeling, it is not painful, but the feeling made me sleepless where I feel uncomfortable. The feeling is the worst when I was lying on bed during bedtime, it happened sometimes when I am standing or sitting. Sometimes, it didn't happen the whole day then come back the following day.

During the three months (absence of period), I still have hormonal acne (pimples) on my chin for a few times, from my past history (I trace carefully on my acne breakout all the times in which I could not stand even a pimple on my face), pimples will only grow on my chin a few days before period (pms), after the period, the pimples on chin will just go away itself. Since I did have hormonal pimples during the three months of period absence, is it a strong indicator that my body is producing balance hormone level like it should be?

I have read about pcos, my height is 162cm, weigh 52kg ( My weight decreased from 55kg to 52kg since I started changing the diet style), Asian with fair skin (sorry, I don't know what else information should I give as I don't have medical background, majoring in engineering field). I don't have the symptoms of hirutism, no family background of diabetes.

I am the type of easily getting myself into life pressure, being a perfectionist as well. But, I need to mention here that, I still have period when I was under very high tension a few years back, so I would consider to omit the possibility of life pressure as the culprit of my problem now.

I have unprotected sex with my ex boyfriend (the last exposure is 15th September 2007) who has had testicular cancer and he also has had unprotected sex with his ex girlfriend who has leukemia. Will this be a possible factor for causing my problem here?

I have been searching high and low but still can't find out what is happening to me now, what caused my period to be absent for nearly three months (til end of December)?

Really hope to hear you soon, thank you very much.

Regards
    Cocostaple
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2007, 01:10 AM
    Hi cocostaple,
    I am not a doctor. But, having worked in a urology clinic, I thought of some of the symptoms women went in with. Your feeling that something is trying to come out and needing to urinate, or feeling like it when you lie down, suggests nerves. Not like you're nervous. But, like your sensations are not what they should be. What you are having sounds like urinary frequency or urgency.

I would say that you go to a gynecologist. Have a long talk about your symptoms and a pelvic exam. Not having regular periods is not necessarily a problem. You might just be the beginning of a new evolutionary chain where women don't need to have periods.

Having unprotected sex is not smart, as far as pregnancy and disease. Leukemia and testicular cancer aren't contagious though.
    Simone
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Dec 13, 2007, 09:19 AM
    Cocostaple,
    We will try our best to help you here, but just to be clear, most of us are not doctors. Even if a doctor were to respond to your post, you cannot be diagnosed over the Internet of course.

I have unprotected sex with my ex boyfriend (the last exposure is 15th September 2007) who has had testicular cancer and he also has had unprotected sex with his ex girlfriend who has leukemia. Will this be a possible factor for causing my problem here?
    Unprotected sex will not cause you to get cancer from your partner with the exception of Cervical cancer. This is RARE but occasionally cervical cancer can develop from the HPV virus, which is a sexually transmitted disease. I'm not saying you have HPV or cancer, just clarifying that you cannot "catch" cancer from your boyfriend and he did not catch it from a previous girlfriend.

Unprotected sex can lead you to pregnancy or any number of sexually transmitted diseases however. You should begin protecting yourself immediately, especially since you are already dealing with symptoms that are unidentified at this point.

Simoneaugie has made some excellent points. You will be best served if you visit a GYN and describe everything you have here. A general physican will not give you the time and care you need - this is a specific problem that a Gynocologist is most qualified to address.
    cocostaple Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2007, 02:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by simoneaugie
    Hi cocostaple,
    I am not a doctor. But, having worked in a urology clinic, I thought of some of the symptoms women went in with. Your feeling that something is trying to come out and needing to urinate, or feeling like it when you lie down, suggests nerves. Not like you're nervous. But, like your sensations are not what they should be. What you are having sounds like urinary frequency or urgency.

I would say that you go to a gynecologist. Have a long talk about your symptoms and a pelvic exam. Not having regular periods is not necessarily a problem. You might just be the beginning of a new evolutionary chain where women don't need to have periods.

Having unprotected sex is not smart, as far as pregnancy and disease. Leukemia and testicular cancer aren't contagious though.
    Simone
    HI Simone,

Thanks for your reply.

I understand that seeing a gynecologist is a must.
    I don't unederstand when you said this "... suggests nerves. Not like you're nervous. But, like your sensations are not what they should be. What you are having sounds like urinary frequency or urgency.

Could you please explain it? Please

Hope to hear you soon, thank you very much.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2007, 05:26 AM
    That was misleading, sorry. What I meant was that, even though sometimes being stressed and scared, nervous, can cause weird symptoms, the things you describe don't sound like that. The feeling you described sounds like something your body feels. Nerves are what cause us to have sensations like having to urinate.
    I hope that helps. Sometimes I confuse myself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Irregular Period? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I've had my period for 13 days now and it is very light but it will not stop! I've had this problem a year ago and that time it stopped around 21 days after the period started. This time I'm kind of scared because I've started running long distance and my friends say that may have something to...

Irregular period [ 1 Answers ]

I have an irregular period can I still get pregnant/ Also how would I know if I am if my period do not come on every month

Irregular period? [ 2 Answers ]

I haven't had a regular period this month but I have had brown discharge and normal cramping. I took a pregnancy test that was negative, what is the problem? I have been more tired/stressed than usual and I have also been sick... could that factor in?

My periods have been normal up until about 7 months ago. I did not rag nov,dec,jan, then I ragged in feb the normal week. Then I did not rag again in mar and apr, I'am now ragging this month and its been a little over a week and heavy. Should I be worried? :confused:

Hello, I always had regular period but this month 17 days late. I never had intercourse but last month after my period on the 7 day me and my boyfriend played around his thing just touching mine but no sex. I took the pregancy test 3 time and they all came up negative. Once I took it at the...

View more questions Search