Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kodibug66 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2007, 10:09 PM
    Homeowner rights with a roommate
    I have rented out a room in my home. I wrote up a short agreement for myself and the renter. He is taking my things and telling me after the fact and not sticking to the agreed time to pay rent. What are my rights?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2007, 10:41 PM
    If he takes your things, simply call the police and prosecue for theft.

If he does not pay rent, go through a formal eviction process and get him out of there.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2007, 06:29 AM
    Hello kodi:

Your rights are enumerated in your states landlord/tenant law. We have a copy right here for your perusal at the top of the page on a "sticky note".

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Roommate Problems: How to Deal with crazy Roommate [ 4 Answers ]

I have a roommate who is 52 years old (Japanese/American bon in US). He was pretty good roommate from Aug 2001, just because he never lived in apt until end of July, I think. He was living with his girlfriend whole time but he came back once a while but he never stayed no longer than 1 week....

What are Idaho tenants rights when homeowner wants to sell [ 2 Answers ]

Our homeowner has listed our rented home. Am I forced to show my home and my things to anyone and everyone who wants to see it? Can I refuse without being sued?:mad:

Homeowner liability in case of a roommate [ 2 Answers ]

I am a homeowner planning to rent a portion to a roommate. If I include a clause that specifies that I cannot be held responsible for any injury that she might sustain due to an accident on my premises, and she slips and falls on the stairs, will the agreement be valid in Colorado courts ?

Tenant Rights VS Roommate Rights [ 3 Answers ]

I, the master tenant, recently took on a roommate. I paid $1675.00 (79%), and he paid $450.00 (21%) of the total rent. He lived in my apt for 10 days and moved on the 11th. He was a nuissance as he slept all day and tackled chores, i.e. laundry in the early hours 12:40 AM. So, due to our different...

Landlord as Roommate - Rights [ 4 Answers ]

I have a house that I decided I needed to share by renting a room in the house. I had a roommate move in as the "Tenant" in my home and requested that they sign a lease for a 6 month lease. After three months, I have decided that this is not a compatible living situation. He has insulted or imposed...

View more questions Search