Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Anneorexic Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2007, 03:28 PM
    Scottgem,
    If they have a summons, and you request verification, How long do we give them? I had a template that gives them 30 days. But my court date is Jan. 7. So couldn't the company just ignore it until after the court date? Also, if I try to settle before court, Do I still send the intent to defend to the court?
    Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 12, 2007, 06:37 PM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

If they don't show up with the documentation then request a dismissal.

And yes, you still need to answer the summons.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Judgements and BK [ 1 Answers ]

I had a Bk discharged in01/06 and just got a credit report that showed I still have several judgements, aren't bankrupties supposed to get rid of those? And if not how do I get them off. Any help is appreciated

Judgements Against Me [ 4 Answers ]

This is complicated. I am married. I have credit card debt in my name only. Two judgements against me only. I am incredibly stressed. I have my own checking account and then I have a checking with my husband. They attached a levy against my checking account. I know they will probably...

Judgements. What can they do? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a judgement against me now. The atty's have withdrawn their lower settlement offer and raised it because they found out about some property they think I own. They are threatening all kinds of tings to get the money. Can they garnish my wages? Can they take money from my bank account? Can...

Judgements. What can they take [ 1 Answers ]

I have a judgement against me now. The atty's have withdrawn their lower settlement offer and raised it because they found out about some property they think I own. They are threatening all kinds of tings to get the money. Can they garnish my wages? Can they take money from my bank account? Can...

View more questions Search