Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nick4357 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2007, 06:01 PM
    Underage drinking
    What are the penalties for underage drinking, I was not driving, but was in a car. I never received a breathalizer or read my rights. Thanks? Ga.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 12, 2007, 06:05 PM
    You do not have to be given a breathalizer since the amount you were drinking is not important, even if you just took a sip that is all that is needed.

And if you had a drink in your hand or had it on your breath, they did not have to read you any rights, the only reason to get your rights read is if they are going to question you as a suspect.

Normally in fulton county court, if you go in, dressed in Sunday clothese saying yes sir and no sir to the judge, tell him how sorry you are, and that you learned from this mistake. You can get community service, and at the end of that community service you get the charges dismissed.
    It can help to have an attorney. If you get this, nothing will ever be on your record.

I saw one boy come in, try to tell the judge the law and he got 3 days in jail for contempt

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Arrested for Underage drinking! [ 5 Answers ]

Okay I was arrested for underage drinking... I was trying to run away from home... this is the first time I have evr gotten in any trouble with the law... they did not read my my rights or do a breathalizer test to see how drunk I was... they went off what someone else said... what I need to know...

Underage drinking [ 9 Answers ]

Our 19 year old daughter may be drinking and driving. Not sure where to start, do we report her to authorities, have her tested?

Underage Drinking in 1999 [ 6 Answers ]

I was caught for underage drinking in 1999 and was not sure charges were dropped or not, but wondered if they would show up on my criminal record.

Underage drinking [ 6 Answers ]

I recently received a ticket for "being less than 21 and possessing malt beverage" and "fraudulent identification". I know that having a REAL drivers license and altering it is considered a felony for falsifying a government document, but I read that having a flat out fake ID is only a misdeamenor....

Underage drinking [ 3 Answers ]

Well my boyfriend and I were talking last night and we got into a fight about underage drinking. I just want to know can't you get arrested underage drinking? I told him that you can get arrested for underage drinking but he didn't believe me...

View more questions Search