Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lunalieben Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2007, 05:42 PM
    Backing up many files on xternal hard drive
    Hi,

I need to take my Mac laptop in for servicing (to get the disc drive fixed) and I want to back everything up first. I don't know anything about external hard drives!

I went to the site "Mega Upload" hoping that I could just upload everything until I get my Mac fixed, but then I learned that I would have to find and request the upload of every file individually! At least that it what it seemed like to me... how can this be? If I am trying to upload hundreds of music and photo files, how can I possibly save each one individually? If I get an external hard drive, can I save all of my files at once? I don't understand how this process works. I just want to back up my files in case they accidentally get erased while the tech is fixing my laptop!

Thanks for any explanations and advice you can give me...

Melina.
    Doctorb_no9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Dec 12, 2007, 07:51 PM
    Why not just burn/copy the files onto cds? You may end up with 4-5 discs, but it's certainly cheaper than an external hard drive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace existing hard drive with upgrade to larger hard drive? [ 6 Answers ]

How do you replace existing hard drive for a larger one and how to save info on existing device?

Hard drive easy question! Help! And 1 hard one! [ 6 Answers ]

undefined I have two questions first is the hard one I tried out a trial version of "folder locker" which locks up and encrypts (I guess) your deata so no one else can see it when they are on your computer.. it also lkets you lock down entire drives.. so somehow I went to lock down my o drive and...

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

Saving limewire music files to external hard drive [ 2 Answers ]

Ok... I know there has to be a way to do this. I have over 5,000 songs on Limewire, which is slowing down the computer considerably, and I need a way to save them to my computer permanently. I have no idea how to do this. I have tried several ways to save the music but as soon as I delete it...

Beginner needs help backing up files [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, please can someone help a novice? I know I must back up regularly, and I do this by copying my letters and info onto floppy disks. However, there is not enough space on a floppy disk to copy my photos, and my computer does not have the facility to copy onto a CD or DVD, so how can I back up...

View more questions Search