Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hellokym Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2007, 02:54 PM
    Probability of sample mean?
    The mean time to download the home page of a company was 0.8 second. Suppose the
    download time was normally distributed, with a standard deviation of 0.2 second. If you select a
    random sample of 30 download times,
    a. What is the probability that the sample mean is less than 0.75 seconds?
    b. What is the probability that the sample mean is between 0.70 and 0.90 seconds?
    Ketan3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2009, 11:14 AM
    (.8-.75)/.2=.25

+((.7-.75)/.2)=.25

((-.7-.75)/.2)=-7.25
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2009, 12:35 PM
    The mean time to download the home page of a company was 0.8 second. Suppose the
    download time was normally distributed, with a standard deviation of 0.2 second. If you select a
    random sample of 30 download times,

a. What is the probability that the sample mean is less than 0.75 seconds?

Look it up in the z table.

b. What is the probability that the sample mean is between 0.70 and 0.90 seconds?

Look them up in the z table and subtract.
    Ositadima Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2010, 04:33 PM
    Galactus your solution has really helped me to regain my balance on this problem. I somehow got lost and your solution rebounced me back. Thank you for taking your time to contribute mathematically. It surely does not come so easy. Keep on with the good work and always make sure that you answer correctly.

Thanks again,

Ositadima Chukwuemeka Alozie

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sample letter [ 4 Answers ]

Now that I am as signing agent and notary, how do I write a letter to clients for business

Sample Size [ 1 Answers ]

The following population of N=4 values is to be sampled by using a sample size of n=2: 3, 7,6,9. a. If sampling is done without replacement, how many different samples could be obtained? b. Determine the value of X for each of the samples. c. Find the sampling distribution of X and graph...

I have a sample of a song. [ 2 Answers ]

Please, help me find out something about a song! The name of the song or artist... Maybe it's indian, maybe arabic... I've managed to record it in moroccan taxi on my vacation. Here's the sample: http://melongue.nm.ru/sound1.mp3 Thanks a lot! :)

Sample Eviction Notice [ 8 Answers ]

I have read that once the lease expires and I want the tenant to move out, I have to give him "Notice", people have suggested doing it by registered mail. But what exactly is "notice"? Does anyone have a copy of "Notice" that they can email me? I figure it must be required to say more than,...

View more questions Search