Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    idesign17 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2007, 09:54 AM
    Low water pressure in sink after flushing h.w. heater
    Hello,

My husband and I just purchased a home last week. Last night, my husband flushed the hot water heater. After that, the hot and cold water pressure in the bathroom sink was all but a trickle. At one point, a little rusty water came out of the sink. All other faucets in the house are fine. Is it possible that sediment has gotten into that one line?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Dec 12, 2007, 09:56 AM
    I forgot to mention, we have a two-handle faucet, not sure if this makes a difference.

Thanks!
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2007, 11:07 PM
    Check the areator, it may be clogged with debris. Remove and flush it out.

Dec 13, 2007, 08:12 AM
    That was it! I feel silly now. Being new home owners, we are a bit paranoid about something going wrong. Thanks for the help!
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2007, 12:33 PM
    I would not feel silly now, I would feel empowered. You did your due dilligence and you were rewarded for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low hot water pressure through the whole house even ater replacing water heater [ 2 Answers ]

I'm still experiencing low hot water pressure even after replacing the water heater. When you first turn on the faucets the pressure will be fine but within a few seconds it drops again.

Surging water pressure & leaking water heater relief valve [ 19 Answers ]

Just recently the pressure of our water in the house surges when we turn a faucet on, and the city water company verified that our pressure in the house when we open a faucet is higher than the pressure in the lines in the street, and after the water runs is at a normal pressure (meaning their...

Gas water heater pressure release valve leaking water [ 14 Answers ]

Hello all, I have a slight issue with my gas water heater. It's a AO Smith 32.75 gallon type. All of a sudden, water is coming out of the relief valve pipe. I have placed a coffee can there, and I have to empty it out every few hours now. Im not sure where to turn for this one, as I have...

Reduced water pressure after installation of new water heater (entire house) [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, We just had a new water heater installed yesterday and the water pressure seems to be reduced (probably 85-90%) of the prior level, through out the entire house. Our old water heater started to leak yesterday AM, had the new one installed that afternoon (40 gallon, 9 year wty, gas: GE...

Flushing water heater [ 1 Answers ]

Turning the spigot on at the base of my water heater doesn't do anything. Is there some pressure release or something that will allow this tank to drain?

View more questions Search