Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ukbertie Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2007, 09:04 AM
    Masturbation
    How often should one masturbate ? As I'm getting older I seem to do it a lot more ,I still have sex with my husband and its very nice but I like the sensation I get when I masturbate , is this normal I'm now 39
    sharonrose Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Dec 12, 2007, 09:36 AM
    I pulled this off another site for you.

Too much masturbation can't be determined only from the number of times you're masturbating in a day or week. You need to dig deeper, and you can start by asking yourself some other questions about your masturbation habits:
    Is your masturbation causing you distress?
    Is your masturbation causing (unwanted) physical pain or damage?
    Is your masturbation getting in the way of your life in unwanted ways?
    Do you find yourself literally unable to stop masturbating?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, then I would say it's possible (but still not definite) that you are masturbating too much right now. This doesn't mean that there aren't other times in your life when masturbating everyday would be perfectly fine. It also doesn't mean that there aren't people out there who masturbate everyday (or more) and who are completely healthy and have no reason to masturbate less. Remember, there isn't a magic number, and we all use sex differently.

If you do think you're masturbating too much (that is if your masturbation is causing you distress, or pain, or it feels compulsive, or it's getting in the way of your daily life) it may be something you want to talk to a professional about. Be sure it's someone who is comfortable talking about sex and isn't going to make you feel bad for your healthy sexual expression. If you need some help finding a certified sexuality professional in your area you can visit the American Association of Sexuality Educators Counselors Therapists website, where they offer a referral list.
    ukbertie Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2007, 04:08 AM
    Thanks for the reply
    Im not saying that I have a problem with it I'm just a bit curious as how other woman tend to there needs
    Let me try and explain
    As a woman I have never discussed masturbation with anyone not even my husband .As a young girl I would do it at least once a week but as I got older and life is more hectic it became less. Now being married with children the time is very limited so I tend to use the shower as my time , but having the internet and access to loads of imformation I'm a bit confused . I know a lot of what is on the net you should take as a pinch of salt . But do woman really shout the roof down or have the most wonderful orgasm .the little I know and my own experince is that the feeling is wonderful I don't shout the place down and I certanly don't do cart wheels . This is my point should I be doing these things ?
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2007, 04:28 AM
    I think that shouting is much louder when you are sharing the experience with someone else. If you never orgasm while having sex with your husband then quiet is fine. Don't they say that women reach their sexual peak at age 31?
    blikorr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2010, 04:09 AM
    I love <a href="http://www.specialass.com/">Big </a>
    george14u Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Dec 28, 2011, 04:21 AM
    There is nothing wrong with masturbating when ever you feel the need and if it keeps you happy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Female masturbation. [ 11 Answers ]

Okaay, This sounds awkward and like.. weird? But I suck at masturbating. I'm not a virgin, and I've been masturbated by guys, but it never feels as good when I do it? I try to do it the same way, but it just sucks.. the only thing that can ever do anything for me is clitoral stimulation, but it...

Is Masturbation a sin? [ 4 Answers ]

Is masturbation a sin? Is it a sin to give into lust, if it doesn't involve another person?

Stopping masturbation [ 30 Answers ]

I am a single male. 24 yrs. Student. Waste a lot of my productive time on mansturbation. Is there any definite way of stopping mansturbation without losing my sex drive? Please advice.

Male masturbation [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know whether masturbation can cause "Erectile Dysfunction" and/or "Premature Ejaculation". What are the benefits of masturbation and how many times a week is recommended (is good) for a normal male?

Child masturbation? [ 14 Answers ]

Hi! I have a six year old daughter in the first grade. I have noticed in the past few months what appears to be her masturbating. She has her hand between her legs and she rocks back and forth. I tried not to freak out, because I did not want to make a big deal about it. I just told her that if...

View more questions Search