Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    safbiker Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2007, 08:06 AM
    Replacing an obsolete through the wall heat/cool air conditioner
    Hello,

I have a through-the-wall heat/cool air conditioner (Kenmore model 253.8765101, 230 volt, approx. 10,000 BTU) that uses sleeve 8110 (25 3/4W x 18 19/32D x 16 7/8H). This unit is no longer made and I need to find and install a replacement AC/heater. I can't find replacement info online.

My questions:

1. Does anyone know of a replacement unit?
    2. If I buy a different unit, can I use the sleeve that I have now?

thanks,

saf
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 12, 2007, 11:24 AM
    You will have to use the sleeve that comes with the new unit. No one said it was going to be easy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No fan, no heat, no cool [ 8 Answers ]

:confused: I have a goodman packaged, forced air, 3 ton, 208/230v outside unit. I believe it's about 4 years old and 92,000 BTU. The problem started with getting only cool air no matter what it was set on and the fan worked fine. I replaced the thermostat with a honeywell programmable. I have 6...

GE Furnace Won't Heat OR Cool [ 2 Answers ]

Good Morning, We live in Fayetteville, NC and it's starting to get cold. General Electric Gas Pack model number BLD055E936B1 manufactured in the early eighties has decided to quit. It is a forced air model with a standing pilot. Pilot works great... but the main burners won't light. This has...

Heat, but no cool [ 4 Answers ]

I replaced a old round thermostat with a programmable thermostat. I have two sets of wires coming out of the wall. One single red wire, and a group of wires that are red, white, yellow, and green. I connected them according to the instructions, but obviously that was not right. The single red...

Replacing an electrical wall heater in single wide mobile home to Gas Heat [ 1 Answers ]

One of the single wide mobile homes in the park I supervise has an electrical wall heater and the elctrical bills have been astronomical, due probably to the poor insulation. Another reason, I guess, could be the age of the heater. The HVAC people that work for us told us that there is no...

Air Conditioner will not cool. [ 1 Answers ]

I recently moved into a condo with central air. The air worked great when we moved in this summer, but during the month of November it cooled off, so we turned off the AC. During that time a maintenance guy came by to replace the fluid or something (I'm sorry I can't remember what it was he was...

View more questions Search