Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stockadd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2007, 01:08 AM
    Does non-ownership by Seller of a property constitute nullilty of purchase contract?
    Major builder/seller sells lots for houses to be built upon. Seller's agent presented four
    Lots from which Buyer was to choose. Buyer chose a lot, house was built, deal when through escrow, warranty deed, title policy, survey, etc. Six months later, Buyer found
    Out from Tax collector that he owned a vacant lot. Builder appeared to have built house
    On wrong lot, and buyer was occupying. Notified builder, escrow, title, etc. eleven months later learned that builder/seller had never owned lot sold to Buyer. Buyer wishes to retain house and the other lot, but wants documents redrawn. Seller wants to "correct" the
    Original documents. Buyer contends that you cannot "correct" a contract under which a party had no capacity to act. Seller wants to just mark through Lot #1 and handwrite in Lot #2. Buyers believe that we will not have clear title if we want to sell the house.

Is the original contract NULL?

Thank you,
    Stockade
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 12, 2007, 07:58 AM
    The warranty deed and hopefully the title insurance they purchased is where you go for protection. Who owns the lot that the house sets on. They will have to deed that land to the owner. If they won't, the owner will have to sue the seller under the grounds of the warranty deed to pay him back his expenses

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax implications of a contract for deed for buyer and seller [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I am looking to purchase a primary residence on a contract for deed basis. My understanding is that I, as the purchaser, would be able to write off the interest I pay on my yearly taxes. My question is, can the seller continue to write off the interest he is paying on the mortgage he...

Contract for deed and seller will not leave premises [ 7 Answers ]

We have a contract for deed for a house and trailer on this property, we have paid our down payment as scheduled and made all the mortgage payments as stated on our contract, the seller told us that she needed to stay there in the trailer on the property for three months until she could move, now...

Land contract default by seller? [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently 3 years and 2 months into a 10 year land contract. The sellers contacted me last week and said they are getting divorced and want me to get a mortgage in my own name or they are going to put the house up for sale. I have paid $20,000 of $65,000. Is this legal for them to do?

Can the seller alter the commission% in the listing contract? [ 2 Answers ]

We are the listing agents of a rather large subdivision and have a written listing agreement w/ the seller to be paid a 6% commission on every home at time of closing. We have 7 homes in escrow currently that are due to be closed tomorrow. The seller is now refusing to pay the 6% which is in our...

Private Seller - Bad Purchase [ 9 Answers ]

Hi - bought a 1993 car from a private seller in SC... the ad stated that ac was included in the car. When my husband tried it, only warm air came out. The seller assured him it worked and maybe a wire was loose. We spent $200 for the mechanic to tell us that the compressor makes noise, no...

View more questions Search